• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Driveline length

He means the actual driveline tube, not total lengh. Its about 3 to 4 inches longer. I could get an exact measurement when i get home tonight unless someone else knows it.

Most 1st gen trucks had 4 or 5 speeds, I thought the 4 speed ones were shorter than the 5 speed ones.

Both are worthless and I never paid much attention to them.

What are you trying to do? just gather trivia info? Or what are you building with what? and need what?

I have an 85 auto shaft thats different than a manual length.

I gave up looking for perfect fit stockers along time ago. I can buld on cheaper and quicker than looking for a perfect one.

I retube them for about the same price as a driveline spacer.

What I'm doing is using them for shafts on my sami. The 84-85 front shaft is supposed to be a real good fit and is supposed to alleviate the vibrations associated with the compound angle one gets when putting a toy rearend in a sami. So far I've only been able to find a shaft from an 83.

What I'm doing is using them for shafts on my sami. The 84-85 front shaft is supposed to be a real good fit and is supposed to alleviate the vibrations associated with the compound angle one gets when putting a toy rearend in a sami. So far I've only been able to find a shaft from an 83.

What do they want for the 83 shaft???

It's already in my hot little hands.:D
Ok..cool!
I wouldn't get too wrapped up in trying to locate a 84 or 85 shaft only.. Any shaft after 84 will have a MUCH better maximum operating angle than a first gen and the later CV can be modified pretty easily to have the same angle as the 84-85...

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/cvmod/
Oh yeah! Fergot about that!!!:mad: Thanks Trashy!:D And Unc, don't give up that 1st gen shaft just yet...:;
I got an 84 85 shaft if ya need one. PM me.:awesomework:
There ya go Unc...:awesomework:

Oh yeah! Fergot about that!!!:mad: Thanks Trashy!:D And Unc, don't give up that 1st gen shaft just yet...:;

You can use a first gen CV with the bolt holes drilled to 10mm for strength and a later model slip on the other end for a no major mod needed high angle setup. :;

the length difference should be 4.75 inches, the most flexible cardan joint i have found is in the 79/80 trucks but the longer yoke shafts were in the second and third gen trucks, you almost always end up drilling the flanges or buying the triple drilled ones