• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

driveline questions

Dain Bramage

so i think that this time i want something a little stronger than a stock d-line. is there any way to strengthen them? paulie said something about a double walled d-line, and said to talk to greg who works somewhere in redmond. at the very least, i want a thicker walled tube.

BEST DRIVELINES everett wa 513-8182
greg owns & runs the place
half the $$$$$ of drivelines nw
hes got stock thats twice the thickness or more of stock
if its your daily driver/wheeler
just have him make it out of the 9 ply
if its your wheeler only go for the beef !
you;ll never twist it or bend it.

Last edited:
I think Tom Woods makes a driveline that has an outer sleeve with bearings on it. (think rolling pin) so you can hit the "outer sleeve" on things while the driveshaft itself rides on the bearings.

I wasn't impressed with best drivelines. assked for something(and willing to pay) and didn't get it...

Jess at Highangle...

i have run a ton of different drivelines from different companies. Tom woods, high angle, a few smaller companies and still feel Drivelinetech.com (portland, OR)is the best in the bizz.

crash said:
I wasn't impressed with best drivelines. assked for something(and willing to pay) and didn't get it...

Jess at Highangle...

i agree with mike here, if you want decent for a great price go to best.

if you want high tech and something very specific go to jess.

just get a piece of 2" schedule 80 pipe cut out the bad part, slide the new pipe in both ends and weld it up the 2" fits perfect inside the stock toyota drive shaft I just did this with mine and it turned out sweet

toyparts said:
BEST DRIVELINES everett wa 513-8182
greg owns & runs the place
half the $$$$$ of drivelines nw
hes got stock thats twice the thickness or more of stock
if its your daily driver/wheeler
just have him make it out of the 9 ply
if its your wheeler only go for the beef !
you;ll never twist it or bend it.
this is who i was talking about, greg at Best treated me good

I-5 Drivelines in Vancouver. Lou's number is 360-546-1845. Took my scout driveline, modified it into a long travel shaft for a reasonable price. Excellent work, and is holding up great under my 'tractor' with 35's.