• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Driveline

So you guys are killing driveshafts because you're dragging them on rocks or saying the thin wall just won't handle the stress without being hit?

AdamF said:
So you guys are killing driveshafts because you're dragging them on rocks or saying the thin wall just won't handle the stress without being hit?

On occasion, yes. I think he was wanting some opinions on whether the 5/16 thick tube was too heavy at 40 lbs of just tube. Lose to much power and stress on bearings.

wimpykid said:
On occasion, yes. I think he was wanting some opinions on whether the 5/16 thick tube was too heavy at 40 lbs of just tube. Lose to much power and stress on bearings.
yes this was my concern. But I'm going to get a Rockwell to 205 yoke and do a bolt in Rockwell joint in the front as well as the rear at the Rockwell and call it good from now on hopefully :dblthumb:

Sweet. I'm doing little sheila and jumping sheila hill when we go back to windrock. Then I'll have to redo my drive line. ; ;D

Nah, got my computer shorting issue figured out. Last time I tried Sheila, I was only running about half power. I can actually feel a pretty good difference from GMP.

bigsexy said:
drugs for what.....the insane stuff is the lines that are taken you know the hardest part of a trail or climb :flipgotcha::
Drugs for your bleeding vagina .. And the grain of salt you were talking about is probably right in the middle of it.. Whata pole smoker. The Dude was trying to help out, so you with your 10 posts start poppin off .. Just may .02 cents (know how you like .02 cents) but the approach you have used seems to always work, seen it many times , it seems to work really well to be a douche bag and start talking ****.. Especially when they call themselves "big sexy".. Haha! I have Known to people with that name.. They were both lard asses and definitely not "sexy" as u call it. (Starting to think big sexy is some secret code for greasy chicken eater that wears overalls everyday, probably with one strap Undone... I would not imagine you're in a different. Good news is you know everything. You should try to stop your post count at about 13, then retire and delete ur acct.. These fellas on here know more than you can ever imagine, it could be a hard one to pull off for you to get **** from them now. Dammit I'm sorry I keep forgetting you know everything. Anyways sorry to derail, that was laid on my heart and I I felt like I needed to share that .. :woot: anyways carry-on I was reading some good info.. And "Big greasy" go ahead and grab you another chicken leg buddy. And who asks "drugs for what"?? What the hell you think drugs are for? :woot: wasn't talking about your cholesterol medicine i promise. :-*

wimpykid said:
On a yota axled buggy heavy out of balance driveshafts will kill the bearings, or atleast it did in mine. I'm running duece and a half take outs that bolt right to my Rockwells they are still thin walled because I was hoping they're high enough not to get beat on

AdamF said:
On a yota axled buggy heavy out of balance driveshafts will kill the bearings, or atleast it did in mine. I'm running duece and a half take outs that bolt right to my Rockwells they are still thin walled because I was hoping they're high enough not to get beat on

Should be OK. Most situations the high drive line associated with ROCS don't pose a problem. However, drop into some holes and OH CRAP! driver asks " what was that". Spotters say "busted rotor and f#%ked driveshaft.". Oops.

It's all good wimpykid that rotor was chipped a had issues and the driveline was fukd anyhow anyways I'll have it fixed for windrock with my spare shaft and new rotor with a guard then I'll get the big shaft built after that. I'll post pics guys when I do so thanks everyone.

kushKrawlin said:
Drugs for your bleeding vagina .. And the grain of salt you were talking about is probably right in the middle of it.. Whata pole smoker. The Dude was trying to help out, so you with your 10 posts start poppin off .. Just may .02 cents (know how you like .02 cents) but the approach you have used seems to always work, seen it many times , it seems to work really well to be a douche bag and start talking ****.. Especially when they call themselves "big sexy".. Haha! I have Known to people with that name.. They were both lard asses and definitely not "sexy" as u call it. (Starting to think big sexy is some secret code for greasy chicken eater that wears overalls everyday, probably with one strap Undone... I would not imagine you're in a different. Good news is you know everything. You should try to stop your post count at about 13, then retire and delete ur acct.. These fellas on here know more than you can ever imagine, it could be a hard one to pull off for you to get **** from them now. Dammit I'm sorry I keep forgetting you know everything. Anyways sorry to derail, that was laid on my heart and I I felt like I needed to share that .. :woot: anyways carry-on I was reading some good info.. And "Big greasy" go ahead and grab you another chicken leg buddy. And who asks "drugs for what"?? What the hell you think drugs are for? :woot: wasn't talking about your cholesterol medicine i promise. :-*
well they are always that whiny bitch in a crowd and you re it.lmfao.....i have said nothin directly to anyone... merely stating those shafts wouldnt last long at all if :flipper: following the same line.....and big sexy is just a screen name...does it mean im sexy hell yeah to many....if you dont like what i post dont read it....look pn the bright sideyou have aleays got somebody that cares what you think....but thats only cause she is your mom and she has too

Well dont that just suck for you.....all this bs about me posting about these shafts wouldnt last cause of the crazy stuff we do....damn :'(

bigsexy said:
Well dont that just suck for you.....all this bs about me posting about these shafts wouldnt last cause of the crazy stuff we do....damn :'(

Solid driveshafts. Minimum 4" diameter.. Cause you're so hardcore. :dblthumb:

molaugh I run 2.5" sch 40 pipe (about 1/4" wall) in Toyotas. Seems to hold up pretty good and the shafts take a beating on small tire rock crawlers.

For a rig that big, that I assume doesn't see any high speed for any extended amount of time, I'd run the biggest heavy wall tube that would work for the weld on yokes.

Not that im so hardcore but push your rig to the extreme or get a sxs and ride gravel roads :dblthumb:

bigsexy said:
i see your going to be "that guy" awesome.