• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Driveshafts in B'ham

Jeep Family

Twisted the drive shaft in half on the jeep. Its only the tubing that needs replaced. I don't want to ship it off or custom order a new one. Does Birmingham Spring still do DS work? Are they still around? Who do you guys use?

LT1 engine finally busted the welds on the rear spring perches and that made the pinion spin up that twister the shaft.
c8aa3511bbfeb2e2da85c1d9d2d2c1fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grcthird said:
Yes bham spring still does them, but they moved over close to the furnace strip club.

I haven't been there in a while but they were just up the street from my office on 3rd Ave South. I think it's between 20th and 21st streets. I haven't seen anything about them moving from there but I ain't the sharpest pencil in the box either.

jpony645 said:
I haven't been there in a while but they were just up the street from my office on 3rd Ave South. I think it's between 20th and 21st streets. I haven't seen anything about them moving from there but I ain't the sharpest pencil in the box either.

They were there forever but moved it all into one big ass building.

Call John or Merle at Athens drive line the will make it and ship it too you the will work with hardline guys 423-745-6954

I can't remember who I took mine to a couple years ago in downtown bham, but it was a guy who worked in the back. I tried going to the office, but they made me go deal with the guy in the back with cash. Came back to pick it up and noticed no weights. Asks him if it was just lucky to be perfectly balanced. He replied that he did not balance it nor was he going to, that's that. Any way, since I can not remember the name, i won't blast them. But I can do that kind of work myself, and have done that, with no issues.

Avoid Big Moe. They assembled a few driveshafts wrong for me. Ray at Birmingham spring is your best shot. Kurts does them too, but Bobby isnt there anymore and i dont know the guy doing them now

Athens drive line is in the off-road community have built them for a lot of guys on here also have built some bullet prove razor shafts give them a try TIM GEYER THANKS

Bobby isnt doing them but I have had a guy do a couple for me at work and they are great! Kurts is all I have ever used on drive lines.

NV 3550. Would have been smooth sailing if I wasn't a dumbass and thought I had a Ford truck bellhousing when I had a Ford Mustang bellhousing. Adding a flywheel, bellhousing, new hydro setup, etc added to the total cost.

Got it in this weekend, and am going to have to do some creative fab for the clutch, other than that, it drove around in front wheel drive fine. Just need a rear shaft.

Keith at Offroad Connection gets all my driveshaft work. I know he farms them out, but he stands behind them like no other!