• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Driveshafts?? Where to get them made?

Jhouser

Whats the best place to buy driveshafts from? Are 1350 u joints strong enough or are 1410 needed? 42 inch pitbulls sbc350 around 400hp Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear. Thanks
PS: looking for the best deal high angle said his 1350 single u joint were $345 ea. Thats a little steep for me. Thanks, Joey

1350 are just as strong as 1410 , 1410 has a larger cross section so they can be ran at more extreme angles without binding.

Huntsville Driveshaft or EOR can hook you up

High Angle Driveline for sure. molaugh

Check the thread in general for comments on HAD business practices.

EOR is where I got mine built at and they were the only one around that would build it as small as I neededto clear in the front, I have broke 2 axle, a locrite and a r&p in my Dana 60 and the front driveshaft is still good I think its only 1 3/4 od

I have bought shafts from Tom Woods with great results, but have also started working with EOR.. EOR will be where I get my next shafts from.. 1350 and 1410 joints are both just as strong, the 1410 is just a bigger cross section. I run 1350's at the case and 1410's on my axle's mainly for the clearance due to a lot of angle at full droop.. Good luck!

Like said before 1350 or 1410 comes down to operating angles. They both have the same caps, just wider cross and thus more operating angle for the 1410. If you can I would run 1350 all around just for simplicty of having one u-joint as a spare for everything

Does anyone use Tom Woods Driveshafts? He seems to have the best price on what I'm looking for just wanting to know how strong his shafts are Thanks.

I have Tom Woods shafts and I am happy with them. 2 of my buddies also have them. IMO they are strong. I run a 454 with atlas and 60s with 42s and have had NO problem. He also ships for free and FAST service. Hope this helps. COLT

Take a look at Curtis Tatton shafts. Have been running these for the last 2 years. When you call there you talk with him and only him. Never had any trouble with them

I have Tom Woods shafts and I am happy with them. 2 of my buddies also have them. IMO they are strong. I run a 454 with atlas and 60s with 42s and have had NO problem. He also ships for free and FAST service. Hope this helps. COLT

Did you get the 2" .120 wall shafts. The reason i ask is that everyone else i talked to said they make their shafts with .188 wall and Tom said he only makes his with the .120 wall. I just dont want a rock on the driveshaft to end my day. Thanks, Joey

I run 2" .25 wall dom front and rear on my jeep. I have built several for customers over the years, including some for daily drivers. if you supply the ends and give me a length, one can be made fairly quick and cheap.

Laser Fabrication and Machine
14055 US Hwy. 431
Wellington, AL 36279

15 minutes from J.S.U., 15 minutes fom Gadsden, 35 minutes from Talladega