• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Dual Sport Trip - April 15-19 (Thursday-Monday) 2010 Williamsville, MO

Re: Dual Sport Trip - April 15-19 (Thursday-Monday) 2010 Greenville, MO

drool I shoulda mounted these the day I got them... **** it feels awesome , rode in this morning ! :woot:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I-70 W
390 mi 6 hours 57 mins

From Gardner,Ks I'll probably borrow Miles S10 and just tote the bike in the bed of it. laughing1

P said:
I-70 W
390 mi 6 hours 57 mins

From Gardner,Ks I'll probably borrow Miles S10 and just tote the bike in the bed of it. laughing1
I didn't think it was that for for you as well. wow.

I am leaning towards riding down now.

US-61 S
395 mi 7 hours 49 mins, but I won't take much 4 lane if I am riding down.

CheapJ7 said:
Damn this trip is getting Yuppied up quick... showers, motels.. come on guys...
Dual sport=Adventure... With adventure comes cold wet drunken nights and dirt...
This isn't club med...

BTW Add Chase to the list.. he's in...
I could care less how or where anyone sleeps at night or if the do or don't shower. I want to just get together and ride some and do some campfire drankin. :dunno:

I just spoke to the ex wife. She's finally giving in on something. Im getting the tent and camping gear. Not a bad trade considering she got a house that Im finanically oblicated to STILL ! laughing1

Im not bitter :wtflol:

I am going to start working on some routes tonight for the area. Totally winging it, so if we see something better, I am game.

Bones said:
I am going to start working on some routes tonight for the area. Totally winging it, so if we see something better, I am game.

You are doing a fine job. Keep it up.

wontwork said:
You are doing a fine job. Keep it up.
GPS ordered today as well. I hope to use it some before then to get a feel for it as well. I am seeing elevation ranges in the 4-800' range depending how far west we can get in the park. :woot:

Can't wait!

Wha kinda GPS did you order and how much was it. This wheel swapping has proven I need one fore a speedo as much as anything else as well.

Garmin Oregon 400t $300 shipped for a refurb on Ebay

Then I ordered a RAM cradle/mount and screen protector, Another ~50 bux there.

I always have used a GPS as a speedo and the Husky is notorious for the display to take a **** so it's good to have.

Did a test fit of my new bag. I need to dial it in still on location. Bag is a http://www.giantloopmoto.com/ coyote version. I have it stuffed with towels, and it will likely be smaller once I load it with some tools, a tube, clothes and tent. My sleeping bag and pad are not bike travel friendly, but I don't camp enough to warrant buying a smaller packing version.
806212030_zfTAV-L.jpg

806212098_gfrd9-L.jpg

what tires you plannin on runnin? figure ill carry my tank bag, saddle bags, wear my backpack and tent/sleeping bag on the rear...

What I have on it. Pirelli MT-21's. Likely be dead by the time I get home if I ride up.

Hope one of you has a GPS coming up. I found 3 Lake Wappapello Waypoints.

Campground is at N36 56.533 W90 20.664

I am starting my route from there. Looks like it's considerably flatter to the south. So the better roads will be north or northwest whatever we are feeling. I am working on some routes now. TOTALLY winging it. :****: :drinkers:

there is a pipeline running through it so I am hoping there is an easement that is open to ride. THAT will be the best options I think

Route #1 tester is a mere 35 miles (Plus the ride back to camp...guessing another 20ish) 1.5 hour ride. I think we can hit the western part of this section of Mark Twain if we are feeling it.

Bones said:
Hope one of you has a GPS coming up. I found 3 Lake Wappapello Waypoints.

Campground is at N36 56.533 W90 20.664

I am starting my route from there. Looks like it's considerably flatter to the south. So the better roads will be north or northwest whatever we are feeling. I am working on some routes now. TOTALLY winging it. :****: :drinkers:

there is a pipeline running through it so I am hoping there is an easement that is open to ride. THAT will be the best options I think

Route #1 tester is a mere 35 miles (Plus the ride back to camp...guessing another 20ish) 1.5 hour ride. I think we can hit the western part of this section of Mark Twain if we are feeling it.

This is a total guess but, the NF roads around here are gravel and the CR are small paved roads. I assume its the same everywhere. The Mark Twain Forest just to the west appears to have more NF roads and more accessible roads in and out of the park, if we stayed at Big Spring State Park.

FYI, we went to the local NF this weekend. We were out for 10 hours (5 bikes) and covered 180 miles. About 100 of that was asphalt.

I have another buddy of mine from HS thats interested ( we will likely truck down together ) he's on a non tagged XR650R booyang

P said:
I have another buddy of mine from HS thats interested ( we will likely truck down together ) he's on a non tagged XR650R booyang

He'll be riding in the middle of the pack.

I got all my blinkers and what nots bolted on today. All I need now is the inspection.

I have a hard time imagining us getting hassled unless we really get outta control and I am not for any trouble as I am on probation anyway thumb.gif

Bones said:
I have a hard time imagining us getting hassled unless we really get outta control and I am not for any trouble as I am on probation anyway thumb.gif

don't worry... ill divert all the attention my way... :driving: booyang hitit :afro: