• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dumb @$S offers

when I put my Yota up for sale I got a voice mail that was barely audible but I managed to figure out it was a guy wanting to trade me a 4wheeler that was 10+ years old and probably worth 1/3 what the parts on my truck cost, even though my add said the only trade I was interested in was a 03-05 mr2.

The second was a PM from a guy wanting to trade me two trucks of which little info was provided and pretty sure one didn't run.

My all time favorite was when I sold my '91 MR2 and a guy from Illinois called at least a dozen times(36hrs) wanting me to hold it for him till he saved the money to by it. the last time he called a guy was test driving the car and when I told him the guy was probably going to buy it he screamed F**K into the phone and hung up. I was really tempted to call him back tell him I wouldn't sell it to him even if he had 2X the asking price.

I posted a set of 35" claws up and a guy offered me a chicken snake and a gps...... Then when i didnt respond he sent another message sayn "it doesnt bite"!!

AdamF said:
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4609813605.html. :wtflol:
Yea that will never happen. I got a 79 GMC limited edition heavy half it still has a factory 454 turbo 400 tranny and 12 bolt rearend and I've been trying to sell it for $1800 or trade for some one ton. The best offer I got was $900 cash or $1000 on payments but hell it doesn't cost me anything for it to sit in the yard until I decide to drive somewhere. Some people are just crazy as hell

Re: Re: Re: Dumb @$S offers

Bedgood said:
I posted a set of 35" claws up and a guy offered me a chicken snake and a gps...... Then when i didnt respond he sent another message sayn "it doesnt bite"!!
you ain't got to be an ass, he keeps the rats outta the youngins room and I stolt dat GPS fair and square!!! Lol

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

I like when you get offered a trade and they say you could sell their **** for more than you're asking. If that's the case then sell it yourself and give me the cash.

I post up on almost all my stuff "NO TRADES", but still get asked you trade for?..........I respond by saying I'll trade for a stack of hundred dollar bills, they usually get the point......

As if letting me know it dont bite would convince me, people are rediculous, at the end of the day he gave me a good laugh and didnt even know it!! :D

This one happened, damn, probably 15 yrs ago. I knew a girl that was just driving and her turd car broke down. I thought I would help her out and offer to buy it, since she had just got another car.
Well i told her I would give her $500 bucks for it. She said " Are you crazy ,it's probably not worth $200", So I said well, I'll give you $200 for it. She took it. And yes she was blonde.

Re: Re: Dumb @$S offers

I try to clearly list what im looking for on a trade or cash and get offered everything but what I want all the time.. ive decided im just gunna keep everything from now on. Peopleare just to dumb to deal with anymore

Had a guy want to make payments on a set of used tires for a truck I had listed for a whopping...$200.

The most recent was a couple and their "mechanic" friend that came to look at my RZR. They show up and start looking at it, crawling around/under it, etc. Out of nowhere without any notice, didn't ask, didn't tell me what she was doing, she jumped in and started it up. Then the guy got in and without asking take off for a test drive. Now, I wasn't worried they were going to steal it or anything and had full intentions of letting him test drive it, but I expected to be asked if it was okay to do so. So they get back, crawl around it some more and he tells me it needs several hundred dollars worth of work. I was asking $8600 for it. He knew before coming to look at it I wouldn't go any lower than $8300. He offered me $8000 and I told him I wouldn't take less than $8300. He gave me crap about having to put all this money into it (that it didn't really need), etc. Then, his girlfriend pipes up and says, "I'd only give you $7000 for it and he's offering you $8000!" I told her HELL no. He tried to work on me some more and he walked away without it over $300. He fully expected to write me a personal check for $8000 too. And these people were in their late 40's.

I listed a king quad on CL about a year ago, the price was 5500 OBO. NO trades, was gettin rid of my toys..
And what do I get offered.... 2006 KX 65!! The :afro: even sent a pic. HHahah
I emailed him back and told him bring that and 5500 and it was a deal.. I mean, really man??
I betcha eventually some moron trades them like that. I saw a show on a kid that started out with something of little value trade up a **** ton of times and ended up with a car, I think .. Long time ago.

Side bar: just as bad if not worse working for the public.
If I tell you I can do a job for you for 1250. That's what I
Can do it for.

xjmarc said:
I like when you get offered a trade and they say you could sell their **** for more than you're asking. If that's the case then sell it yourself and give me the cash.

This happened with my last jeep. Some high school kid called me up and wanted to trade me a raptor 660 for it. I told him to sell it and bring me cash. He actually did it though. He called me every two days and made sure I hadn't sold the jeep yet and showed up a week later with cash.