• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dumb @$S offers

Only bad offer I have had was when I was trying get rid of a 2014 Dyna. Got it in a trade deal cause the guy needed to get rid of it that day. I got it and wife didn't have time to ride it so I put it up for sale.
Wasn't real firm on price but it was for sale or trade for same value. Got lots of trades offers but one stuck out better. Guy had an '09 rzr 800 standard and wanted to trade straight up. His excuse was it had snorkels and a lift. After many texts and calls I finally told him that he was a dumb fawk and had a piece of ****.

kushKrawlin said:
I listed a king quad on CL about a year ago, the price was 5500 OBO. NO trades, was gettin rid of my toys..
And what do I get offered.... 2006 KX 65!! The :afro: even sent a pic. HHahah
I emailed him back and told him bring that and 5500 and it was a deal.. I mean, really man??
I betcha eventually some moron trades them like that. I saw a show on a kid that started out with something of little value trade up a **** ton of times and ended up with a car, I think .. Long time ago.
My brother-in-law is a pro at that. It's become a hobby for him, because it is so fun to him.

He gets a POS for like $1500. Something with a good bit of modifications, but has been run down. Then he fixes it, and trades it for something of twice the value, but also run down. Does this a few times, and pretty soon he has an $8000 trail rig that he really only has like $3000 in (from the initial investment, and fixing bits and pieces and trading up).

You'd be surprised how many people will do insane trades.

American said:
My brother-in-law is a pro at that. It's become a hobby for him, because it is so fun to him.

He gets a POS for like $1500. Something with a good bit of modifications, but has been run down. Then he fixes it, and trades it for something of twice the value, but also run down. Does this a few times, and pretty soon he has an $8000 trail rig that he really only has like $3000 in (from the initial investment, and fixing bits and pieces and trading up).

You'd be surprised how many people will do insane trades.
Thats how I'm building this buggy. Look at my post history and you'll see all the dumb **** I've sold or traded for parts. I have no problem with anyone use doing the same, but there has to be a certain level of common sense and respect when doing it. Making totally idiotic offers or ignoring what an add obviously states isn't going to get anyone anything.

Has anyone ever had someone seriously ask or expect a seller to cover shipping?

I see ads all the time say "will ship on your dime"

It just seems automatic for me that a seller would not agree to pay for shipping. Am I giving the general public too much credit??!?

Re: Re: Re: Dumb @$S offers

LightBnDr said:
Has anyone ever had someone seriously ask or expect a seller to cover shipping?

I see ads all the time say "will ship on your dime"

It just seems automatic for me that a seller would not agree to pay for shipping. Am I giving the general public too much credit??!?
A lot of people use that as a haggling point, especially since a lot of people can get discounted shipping rates and such through their work or business.

I like it when someone makes an offer and you turn it down and then a few mins later you get an email saying your CL ad has been flagged. Gee I wonder who it was.
This has happened a couple times so I just repost the item and post it all over the damn southeast and let it ride. Guess they dont realize how copy and paste works. Its a little aggravating but I can make em as fast as they flag em.

I was selling a jeep on Craigslist a few weeks ago and I got a text message from a guy that simply said "you should just scrap that rust bucket piece of ****". I mean come the **** on people. Are people really that pathetic that they feel they have to text about something they have no interest in? He's a moron though. I now have his cell number. I'm just waiting and im going to sms bomb the **** out of him for just being a douche. People piss me off.

Re:

I had someone offer me $1000 for my EVO chassis that I had listed for $2500 firm... When I told him "No, that is almost insulting", he got all pissy and said I should be thankful that someone was making an offer... Wtf.

Yeah, Thanks for wasting my time douche.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumb @$S offers

rednecklights said:
I've also figured out most folks that text you and "stand you up" or are aggravating to work out deals from craigslist are also selling items.

Google search the number and see what they have for sale and use the ole lady's number to repay that ****.
So wait.... you're just giving out keri 's number? I gotta start posting **** on Craigslist

I'm gonna add dumb ass questions also. I have had about 6 people ,first question about my lifted rubicom on 35's. ( will it drive 70 down the road?) Yeah it will, but I don't know many wanting to rally race a lifted jeep. This is an off road site isn't it?

TBItoy said:
I had someone offer me $1000 for my EVO chassis that I had listed for $2500 firm... When I told him "No, that is almost insulting", he got all pissy and said I should be thankful that someone was making an offer... Wtf.

Yeah, Thanks for wasting my time douche.

That's when my price to him goes to $3500

Still working on that
"Growing Up" thing !!!

I don't understand why people post things like, "boy if I had the money I would buy it." Is that suppose to make me feel better? For me it is always who shows with the CASH first. I don't do those stupid games of holding it until next Tuesday because 99% of the time the person still doesn't have the money. It is first come first serve at my house. I have my rig for sale in the classifieds now. I have a price listed for it, but said make an offer and you might be suprised. I can't believe nobody even shot me an offer. Everybody must be broke.

Parnst said:
I don't understand why people post things like, "boy if I had the money I would buy it." Is that suppose to make me feel better? For me it is always who shows with the CASH first. I don't do those stupid games of holding it until next Tuesday because 99% of the time the person still doesn't have the money. It is first come first serve at my house. I have my rig for sale in the classifieds now. I have a price listed for it, but said make an offer and you might be suprised. I can't believe nobody even shot me an offer. Everybody must be broke.

"Everybody must be broke."
Selling a rig for a down payment.
"I can't believe nobody even shot me an offer."
Nobody must want your ****.

Not even 10 post and bitching about the site. :gtfo:

I remember the old days when you had to fill out a small application and send in a pic to truck trader, atv trader, boat trader etc..... And PAY money to have it in an issue for a LIMITED amount of time.

Now you can sell anything you want for free..... with that ability you also attract the same people that pick up free **** off the curb side while you're at work.

I just deal with stupid people. I have been blessed with getting things gone quick. Dumb people are just part of this world.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to come off as complaining. I agree with everybodies comments. I was just adding to the conversation. This is one of my favorite off road sites. Thanks, Steve

LightBnDr said:
I remember the old days when you had to fill out a small application and send in a pic to truck trader, atv trader, boat trader etc..... And PAY money to have it in an issue for a LIMITED amount of time.

Now you can sell anything you want for free..... with that ability you also attract the same people that pick up free **** off the curb side while you're at work.

I just deal with stupid people. I have been blessed with getting things gone quick. Dumb people are just part of this world.

I remember these days too. If you listed in the IWANNA you got idiots like craigslist but would get a lot of calls. List in Autotrader and get a few serious calls and get it gone. Those days are over.

And if you give someone a Price, stick to it. I've now had 2 different boat people up their price because, well I don't know. Wtf. Seriously, why do you ad something then decide you didn't ask enough. Dumbass............. :****: