• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Durhamtown Telico.

hjpcummins

We have a trip planned for the weekend of 3/14. Just curious if their is enough trail to make a weekend trip out of it, and how are the fully furnished cabins.

billstoy said:
I'm sure others will chime in. I was told by others on here , not to go. It was not worth the trip. But one man's trash is anothers treasure..

See, I heard opposite when a group of 15 went a few weeks ago. Trails are getting down to rock. Needs more tires. The property is next to the old Tellico, so we know the terrain is right.

billstoy said:
I'm sure others will chime in. I was told by others on here , not to go. It was not worth the trip. But one man's trash is anothers treasure..

I think it is poor of you to down a private park you have never even been to. This is the kind of hate we are trying to stop on Hardline.

It would be different if you had been there and could give constructive criticism, but you failed to do that.

This is a warning.

JohnG
Admin.

Re:

As John mentioned, the trails are improving and there is plenty of promise there. Even if there isn't much to ride now, if we continue to go and show support and offer suggestions, it will get better. As said the terrain is right and owners seem eager and willing.

we went on December 18, and the trails were a muddy mess. I would think about keeping an close eye on the weather before you go...for what its worth.
I would like to go back to get a chance to see more of the property, but i don't think i will go back if it has rained any at all. and as other have stated i am sure that it will get better as time goes on.

We rode our jk there and had a great time. Lots of mountain trail riding, overlooks, and overall beautiful scenery. The bowl area has several really rough ledges that would challenge any rig. It's WAY back in the mountains is the only downfall. If your pretty close it's defiantly worth a trip.

Only been once back last spring "and my calendar has not let me get back since" and loved it,,,,some steep steep trails with rock already pokin thru,,,that bowl area was lotta fun solid rock stuff,,,just wait till all the dirts off of trails like Mountain Do,,,Cork Screw,,,and Rocket Launcher :woot:

And just like stated,,,its the same hills old Tellico is in,,,and we all know how cool that place was.

We had a great couple of days out there in October and plan on going back. If your looking for a park to continuously challenge your buggy, dt probably won't get it done for you. If you enjoy the trail ride and several challenging trails, this place is awesome.
The cabins are located back in the trails a bit, not real accessible for your tow rig, but nice area located on a trout stream.
We stayed down at Crawfords campground, a few miles from the entrance. Crawfords was purchased by a couple of guys that have brought it back from death. They have a couple of small cabins with bunks. Great guys.

Btw, Crawfords is probably closed until March, so call ahead. We were told that when they re-open this spring, it will be year round going forward.

removed by user . The thread seems to have lost it's direction. How about more info. on the park and Links to Vid's

removed by user. This is the first time I've heard anyone want buggies to ride the trails to make them better. Most of the time people complain about buggy damage to a good trail.

Re: Re: Durhamtown Telico.

billstoy said:
Thank you! for the post this is a much more P C response than mine and it's almost exactly what I heard. May be it's not ready for the people I ride with. YET !!
I look forward to when it is.
I understood your first post. I'm not PC and will have no desire to ever be. If feelings are hurt then o well. Maybe you should look at your self.

My response to this post was on topic " Maybe not the best" !
Directed to a friend and started a discussion " others may chime in" !
Yours adds nothing to the post and was only posted to :stir:
I'm Wrong?

billstoy said:
Directed to a friend and started a discussion " others may chime in" !
I'm Wrong?

Yes, you were wrong in the way you posted. Drop it or I'll give you a vacation from here.

Admin.

Re:

Thanks for all the comments! I figured the rocks and trails wouldn't be fully "developed" with these park being newer. But it will be my new setups first time out so I probably to need to run wild! Just trying to get first hand opinions.

billstoy said:
Directed to a friend and started a discussion " others may chime
I'm Wrong?
What are top bouncers? Sounds pretty cool. booyang
A serious note that's what it needs is a bunch of bouncers out there ripping the trails!!!! :dunno:

This place has already changed from the first time we went. Like true Telico fashion rain makes it nasty, and seems like Murphy gets more rain then Oregon Haha. But in time the more folks that run these trails it'll be just like old telico. I liked it, its close to us and we'll definitely go back. Also they are cutting new trails every week it seems. There was one they showed us a pic of last time we were there that looks like its gonna be a Hell of a trail once they remove some of the trees.