• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dynamite Design - AC / 2xRT

rck0203 said:
Adam,

His partner is Josh and he posted up on page 11.

Rob

Joshua1086 on page 11 is NOT his business partner. He simply was the first one to buy into Disaster Dreamer and his grand plans and helped him get going.

"Business partner" Josh is the dude with the silver Tacoma.

Re:

That's what I was thinking. He was the guy that came in with the mad PR skills and was gonna handle all that while other dood threw down sick welds. Plan SOUNDED good.

Someone needs to throw out full names of these crooks involved so that the wheeling world will know who to stay the **** away from. :****:

Stretch said:
Joshua1086 on page 11 is NOT his business partner. He simply was the first one to buy into Disaster Dreamer and his grand plans and helped him get going.

Stretch said:

My bad. I got the Joshes mixed up

Funny how everyone is calling him a crook and still no one has stated what has happened on this particular deal, and to the guy telling what happened on other people's deals, You probably wasn't involved in them so you probably just worry about yours.And in the build thread on nc4x4 (at least I think that was yours, hard to tell who is who at this point) nothing was ever stated about being unhappy on there. And im not trying to start a bunch more drama by this but everyone is starting to sound like a bunch of teenage girls on here. He more than likely screwed up, not saying he didn't, BUT when you go to a builder and look for a steal of a deal and take a chance, that's exactly what it is a chance, sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it is a bad thing. :dunno:

POPS58 said:
This is my first response to this build thread about the car. I understand your a very busy feller and hard to get a hold of.
Just from my point of view reading this build thread,This was a mistake from the beginning. So if anyone else has questions please
let it be known now.
This will determine the out come of this build.............What say you,David?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I have not and no should any other person that is building anything for anyone be hard to get a hold of. That is just bad business when you are building something for someone and not keeping them updated and they have to learn what it looks like on a public forum. Even if he was building you beadlocks he needs to keep the customer updated with changes and deadlines.

It's unbelievable to me that every time someone points out how shitty his work is, or his design is ****ed up, or he's late on a deadline, he never takes ownership. We're either idiots for not seeing his "vision" or it's some other excuse why it's not his fault. Sounds like someone who grew up where his Mommy always told him how his **** don't stink and he can't do nothing wrong. I also can't believe you guys that got screwed over didn't blow his ass up on every online forum imaginable. Usually that's standard protocol to help protect fellow wheelers from getting the anal rape treatment.

Time to shut down ole boys Facebook I'm guessing
https://www.facebook.com/DynamiteDesignFabrication
https://www.facebook.com/david.guest.39589

And since we're telling David stories I got a good one. He's a self proclaimed "shock tuning savant". I know of one customer he tuned for, and I use that term lightly, and the customer ended up with that cushy log wagon ride which made the worst tuned bouncer look like a Shannon Campbell car. Apparently he had him running springs more cut out for a 2.5 ton fully outfitted army truck than a rockcrawler :****:

Elliott said:
Funny how everyone is calling him a crook and still no one has stated what has happened on this particular deal, and to the guy telling what happened on other people's deals, You probably wasn't involved in them so you probably just worry about yours.And in the build thread on nc4x4 (at least I think that was yours, hard to tell who is who at this point) nothing was ever stated about being unhappy on there. And im not trying to start a bunch more drama by this but everyone is starting to sound like a bunch of teenage girls on here. He more than likely screwed up, not saying he didn't, BUT when you go to a builder and look for a steal of a deal and take a chance, that's exactly what it is a chance, sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it is a bad thing. :dunno:

It's all gonna come out in time. I know enough and it ain't good for David I'll let the folks involved tell the rest when they're ready. Don't hitch your wagon to this clown, you're gonna end up looking the fool.

More good points made. How this ends is all in Davids hands right now.I will bring it up to date once we all have a prayer meeting! Thanks Hardliners!

Elliott said:

Couple of things here. When I spoke to David after I had the car back for a week or so, I honestly think he was caught flat-footed. He thought he had done a good job, and he wanted (and offered several times) to keep working on it until he could make things right by me. The timeline simply didn't allow for it, and after the level of QC I saw after it was supposedly "complete", I definitely didn't have the time to nut-and-bolt it a second time and fix whatever new things arose. But I also didn't want to throw him under the bus. I thought his heart was in the right place. We talked about what he needed to work on, both from a business perspective and from a project management/design/execution perspective. I was under the impression that this was really a one-off thing, and that he'd just gotten in a bit over his head, preoccupied with personal stuff or whatever, and just dropped the ball.

The prices I was quoted were market rate. I didn't get a "deal", and never asked for or expected one. David started out wanting to do some horse trading ("Buy me a new bender and I'll do the labor for free"), but I offered instead to give him a deposit on time and materials. Whatever he did with the money after that was his decision. After all the **** went sideways, David sent me a final invoice (at my request) that basically covered materials. It was missing the value of a few hard parts, so we bumped it up a bit and called it good.

So, assured that this would never happen again, I didn't talk about it. I quietly started fixing my **** and moved on. I told a few friends the story, but that was pretty much it. But as time went on, a couple of things happened. I started to hear from other people (Josh with the green TJ) that had pretty much identical experiences as my own, and I started to hear back from the sewing circle about how I was deliberately out to put David out of business because David is a good guy and an upstanding citizen, and I'm an asshole that wants to see him fail. Or some equally stupid ****. It was like being accused of being a witch. I don't even know how you respond to that.

At that point, I completely ****ing quit talking about it.

I decided last night to lay the whole thing out here after seeing the **** he put together for Adam. The whole thing is just depressing and sad, but it's not my responsibility anymore to protect David from his own **** ups.

Elliott said:

The "Smokey" rebuild thread on NC4x4 is mine. David is doing some tube work, sheet metal work, and seat mounting work for me. So far it has mostly been OK but because I am anal with my buggy and make frequent shop visits and keep the $ slowly trickling in as I see progress that I'm ok with. My process is, by chance, what has worked for David and I so far.

As for any other builds, I can't comment as I am not part of those but can only regurgitate what everyone else has said. I'll save the time with the regurgitated experiences that have already been mentioned as I can only truly comment on my own personal experiences. I have had lots of good advice from past customers (couple of them are friends) but am still taking the chance. I am concerned (as I have always been) but David hasn't burned me yet.

The Carter family is good people and I truly hope you all get the buggy you seek and work hard for. I'm sorry to hear about the wasted time and efforts.

Rob

STROKERYOTA said:

No ****, this is very entertaining! I just hate the fact that our entertainment has cost these hard working people their time and money by trusting this guy! It seems like a bad situation all the way around.