• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dynamite Design - Sling Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I've ever ventured onto this difficulty level before.

Attachments

• IMG_11135028257147.jpeg
    IMG_11135028257147.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 133
Woodlee is a great fabricator with well respected vision. The vision and finish work on this dash should not be confused with the awesome work from Wide Open Design.

Lots of root passes going down right now. Might stay there due to dead line

Attachments

• IMG_34197650358456.jpeg
    IMG_34197650358456.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_34194451902645.jpeg
    IMG_34194451902645.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 144
Sweet welds are the tig and the build IMO is over the top, another question what is the height on the rear seat from the seat part to the cage

Dynamite Design said:

They seem to hold bombers together so why waste the time with more welding anyways?

The seat is as low as possible. It sits on the tub. I just measured 33 inches from ass, to bottom of tubing. All the welding is just because.... This whole entire build is just because.... Good questions.

85toyo said:
They seem to hold bombers together so why waste the time with more welding anyways?

I know my lil buddy Randy is lurking this thread too. He'd get too warm inside reading that, so I gotta say this thread might be majority geared toward taking him down someday.... :dblthumb:

Dynamite Design said:
Those are great looking beads, do you think if you would have skipped all the weave pass fancy stuff from the start it would have helped with the deadline issue? Now you will have to work double time to make it all match, I understand you are trying to showcase all your talent on this build but not getting a project done on time or having half the welds trophy weave and the others dab isn't going to help from a business stand point. Sick looking work either way.

I like the last regular beads more than any ones on it, doesn't lool like your hiding gaps that way. It looks more like a professional shop did those.

Since Adam and Randy keep coming up in posts, and some good questions have been asked, I will elaborate. The deadline is what it is. Been working double time ever since the Jeep showed up. Now that I am so far into this build, I can see infinite things I could of done differently. All the work will do it's job. Too late to change plans, but just another great reason why this build is so critical looking towards what will come in the future. The Jeep is coming back after it's debut ride to have more work done.

When I was 16 or 17, docking boats and pumping gas, one of my friends showed me a photo in a magazine of Adam Woodlee doing a burnout in front of a painted wall.... Haha, heavyweights like Adam Woodlee, and Randy Slawson, are extremely well known. I guess I'm in a club of my own when it comes to living under their combined shadow. Living in that shadow, has been wicked awesome, and sometimes 'not fun. When it came time to break the chains, I didn't have any means of showing everyone what I took from the crazy adventure I had been on. Love em to death.... These 2 guys stand out in a crowd of people I have spent time with, and learned from. Living, and working with them day in and day out, has had a massive impact on my life. When a 23 year old knows he's ready to unleash everything he's got, but the world holds him back for a couple years - A shadow like that will make that him go bonkers!!!! haha maybe you've noticed.... Hell, most of my family wouldn't even believe me or my stories from burning up thousands and thousands of miles through the desert with these guys. When Josh offered up this equipment for a job, I basically went banana's, beyond comprehension....

I doubt there is a book to read on how to break chains from Randy Slawson and Adam Woodlee, but this one shot, hail mary attempt has proven to be one hell of a roller coaster ride. Can't wait to sit back one day and laugh at it.

There are a million Jeeps and they have been built in just about any way imaginable. Randy and Adam both have very different ways of seeing things and this build left me with the challenge of taking a JEEP and building something that neither one of them would of built. The way I saw it.... It would of been suicide from the beginning to play the copy cat game and say, hey, I can build the same stuff they do. Ya'll know I'm right too. Haven't heard one person say this looks like anyone's work. The only way to take this Jeep and show you that I can create something with my own mind, was to use some bold tactics and build something exciting that everyone will watch come together. Hopefully, now people can see that I'm not new to this game, and hopefully everyone has had some sort of fun watching this fiasco.

Josh is going to show up at the house tonight, while I am at work. We're going to try our best to get this thing on its way home at the end of this tough weekend.

Stay tuned, hopefully we can get some good pictures of it outside in the day light. He's got to get it home and install the new horsepower, haha

You need a public relations person who post everything for you and handles all contact with the public!! You've got some skills but dam all the drama.

Blase said:
You need a public relations person who post everything for you and handles all contact with the public!! You've got some skills but dam all the drama.

I actually thought that was a great post, and setting the record straight for those that do not know him and his background.

If you would have just said that up front I think this whole build thread would have been much different. Hope it all works out and yall get it ready this week. Kudos for you for not being the guy who just copys another mans ideas.

Josh Twomey in the house! Right now he's mounting the seats, and rocking out the first bend!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_126491524503668.jpeg
    IMG_126491524503668.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.