• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ECORS race, Aug 24 and 25 at Devil's Playground, NC. Over $1,000 in door prizes!

ecors

Rockstar Productions presents the ECORS race #4 for 2012 to be held at Devil's Playground August 24 and 25!!!

This has always been a favorite venue for everyone as it offers great rocks, hills, speed and pits that are less than 500 yards from any point in the race course! Spectators come out in force for most any event at DPG and ECORS is no exception!

Friday's Schedule:
Gate opens at 8am for racers to set up in pits
Check in opens at 10am and closes at 7pm
Pre running from 10am until 5pm
Racer qualifying for start position from 6pm until 8pm or until everyone has run at least 1 qualifing lap
Mandatory driver's meeting at 9pm
Pre running opens back up at 9:30pm and closes at 10:30pm

Saturday's Schedule
Gate opens at 8am for spectators
Volunteer/staff meeting at 8am
Meet the Drivers from 9am until 10am
10:30am UTV start
12:00 Class B start
2:30 Class C start
5pm Class A start
8pm Door Prize drawing and Awards Ceremony

This year we are doing something a little different. We have multiple radio stations that will be broadcasting advertisments on the radio up to 2 weeks prior to the event, so there will be a TON of spectators! We also have hundreds of flyers and posters that will be put up.

This race we are putting in place a qualifying event on Friday evening. Racers have wanted it in the past and what better time than now! We are advertising the qualifying event on the radio and will be giving door prizes away to spectators on Friday, so expect fans and spectators to be there to cheer you on. Put on a good show even if you have to run your police siren the entire lap!!! Everyone that signs up to race automatically qualifies for Saturday's race; Friday's qualifying is ONLY FOR STARTING POSITION!!! However, be sure you sign up early like usual as we have not done away with that part either! If you can't qualify due to a broken rig from pre-running, etc., not to worry, you will still be able to start the race Saturday however, you will be put in the back of the line behind everyone else!

For "Meet the Drivers", racers will be set up along the homestretch before the Finish line in close proximity to the spectators. Spectators can mingle with the racers and take a look at the rigs. Racers should dress in your gear or team apparel. Be friendly! If you have team swag to give away, this is a great time to do so! All racers are required to attend this. If your rig cannot attend due to in progress repairs, at least be there available in person to mingle with everyone. This is here for you to get more fans, show off your rig, promote and push your sponsors, get your picture taken, and sign autographs (ya never know... ).

Saturday's race schedule is just as it normally is and as posted above. There will be a day full of excitement. If for some reason you get bored (I know, it happens sometimes...), we'll have other activities for kids of all ages (even 56 year old kids...). We will have vendors of all type set up showing off their products and business services. We will have various "cool" vehicles and equipment there for kids to play on with representatives from each company there to talk about it and get the kids excited, etc. There will be UTV dealers there and even National Guard Humvees!

Each day we will have some cool toy prizes for the first 50 kids through the gate. And for the adults, we are going to have 10 door prize winners for ECORS, Snap ON, and other vendor products as well as 2 grand prize winners of $500 worth of Snap On tools and swag. Door prizes are only open to spectators and only 1 entry per person. The only catch is that you have to fill out one of our survey cards that does NOT ask for names, phone numbers, or emails. So, no worries that you'll be getting SPAM mail or harrassed by telemarketers.

Don't worry about bringing food or drinks with you, Terry the Uwharrie Hot Dog Guy will be on site slinging dogs and BBQ as fast as he can. With the expected crowd, plan to see at least 1 or 2 other vendors there to help out so everyone gets fed when needed!

Plan to see multiple vendors and sponsors on site and please go by their booth and thank them for their support of the event. They would also be much appreciated if you bought something from them too!!!

To give you all an idea, if you've ever been to one of our races in the past at DPG, its been moderately busy. We've had just 5 port a jons at one time. For this event, we have reserved 10 of them with cleaning planned Friday evening!

We are setting it up to be a huge, HUGE event and something everyone flocks to every year! Who knows, we may even bring out some live music for the evening entertainment!

If you cannot make the event, NC4x4 will be providing live coverage online of Saturday's race. Visit www.NC4x4.com for more information on live coverage as the date gets closer.

For anyone still interested, Camping is allowed but it is primitive. Water and power is not available.

General Admission:
Racer 1: Free
Racer 2: Free
Race Team Crew (and family members): $10 for the weekend

Adults: $10 per day or $15 for Friday and Saturday
Kids 12 and under are free. First 50 kids each day get a cool prize.

Camping: $5 per night per tent or pop-up, $10 per night for an RV
Camping for race teams is free.

Parking will be taken care of by the Tabernacle Vol Fire Dept (they are 2 miles up the road on Hwy 64). We are asking for a parking donation as all of those proceeds will go to the VFD for whatever they need. They volunteer their time for us, lets give back to them. We really want them to have great resources when we need them to save a life or our house! Please support them!

Remember, we are pushing hard to make this event huge. Tell your friends, family, neighbors, strangers, etc.

For more information about ECORS, the event, or inquiries about racing or becoming a volunteer or vendor/sponsor, visit the website: www.ECORS.com
Or, send emails to: [email protected]
Or, call 252-341-2016

Re: ECORS race, Aug 24 and 25 at Devil's Playground, Silver Valley, NC!!!

GREAT place to race and excellent spectating. Come on out guys and you wont be disapointed!

CAN,T WAIT to get up thee yall,,,,never been to DPG,,,just heard good things bout the place / folks though :dblthumb:

I,m finnishin up a few different things on RATTLER ,,, different front sprangs,,,all different shocks,,,some different homegroovered up tars,,,different bump stoppies, better lights,,,bla bla bla,,,,

Gonna take it over to Chocco Saturday and put around in it to see if I,ve made any improvements or just fawkered it all up or not :dunno: :spin: :driving: ???

SEE YALL THERE :woot:

DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN ADDRESS TO THE RACE WE WILL BE COMING UP I85 FROM GA.AND WAS ALSO WANDERING IF WE COULD SHOW UP THURSDAY NIGHT.

The address is:

1440 Ross Wood Road
Trinity, NC

I think its exit 96 (hwy 64) off of I85, then head east a few miles. Turn right on Old 64 right after Tabernacle VFD, then follow about 2 miles and turn left on Ross Wood Road (4 way intersection and old store on corner). Its about 1/2 mile down on the right.

You shouldn't have a problem getting there, we have already put up a lot of signs and direction arrows to the site and will put up more as well as some banners. Lets hope they don't get stolen like they usually do... ::)

Well I got this round of upgrades complete on RATTLER and I will see what happens at DPG,,,,,,

Different shocks, front springs,bump stops, groovered up all terrain tars,& lihgts..........

zuki14002.jpg

zuki14011.jpg

zuki14013.jpg

zuki14016.jpg

zuki14023.jpg

zuki14026.jpg

zuki14031.jpg

zuki14032.jpg

Tony & me will be headin up there Thursday night ;D

lookin scott we're leavin out thursday afternoon also, can we camp thursday nite or does anyone no? i got mine fixed back up also new rear doors ironmanfab motor mounts (thanks andy) new rustys tranny mount on a new crossmember (torn off at the dirt riot race) new rear axle and 1 new bfg all due to dirt riot but it was funn.

Man I hope they gone allow campin Thursday nite cause Tony & me will be gettin up there bout 10 or 11 oclock that nite cause we don,t wanna leave out fri mornin on a 6 hour drive to get there ;D

If not we will just pop the camper up on side da road till mornin molaugh

I just talked to Snappy "Chris" and he said showin up at DPG Thursday afternoon / night will be FINE :dblthumb:

He said he will be there hiself till bout 9 o clock settin his stuff up :dblthumb:

THANKS YALL ,,,,,,the DPG course was TOUGH but it was fun,,,although I did not care ANY for havin to go thru "COW **** BOTTEMS" but other than that it was a very challenging and fun course to run :dblthumb:

I felt glad just to get my 10 laps in ;D

DPG1005.jpg

heres my pass side nerf bar wich was PERFECT before the race,,,,,

DPG1038.jpg

DPG1040.jpg

:eek:

DPG1014.jpg

DPG1008.jpg

I also got all the mudd blasted off and did find anything broke anywere either :dblthumb:

;D

THANKS YALL,,,,,the pencil pix are done by Dylan Wiles sister,,,,she came to the Auburn race and drew em all for us,,,then Dylan brought em to us :dblthumb:

I like it cause my front tires are actually "bent out" in the drawing as well molaugh

Actually Julio I think the Cow **** Bottoms helped ya move a bit faster.....a. to get through it and b. to get the **** of ya! :flipoff1: Seriously congrats brah!

Slight update to Neal's comment on the Flat Biller Killer. After we pulled the rear dshaft off of FBK we finished 7 of the 8 laps we did with Roger driving like an insane fawker jacked up on Looki in FWD until finally shearing off 3 of the 4 bolts holding the steering box on. The tie rod was bent prior to pre-run and we fixed that before racing.

Here's one pic of Julio:
index.php