• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe 01-0-08

in my 10+ years of wheelin in Washington I have never seen that much snow at Elbe..... besides all the snow your getting in town right now.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing

We broke trail all the way up Sunrise so that we could get up and around behind JR to pull him back out. The snow was deep

newyears09005.jpg

Had to clear a few trees out of the trail

newyears09010.jpg

Got to look at this a lot :D Thanks Joe

newyears09021.jpg

newyears09016.jpg

newyears09018.jpg

And finally up top

newyears09004.jpg

The hardest part was that the snow was in layers, about a foot and a half of powder, then a crust with one and a half to two feet under that, staying up above the crust was key, and my new tires @ 6lbs did great.

Jaydog's headed back out now. Just got a call that there's some kids stuck on one of the roads. Apparently a couple of guys walked out and got the sherrif but they don't have a way to go get them.

I couldn't go but Jaydog and rollin' heavy are heading out. Sounds like it was some kids out playing by themselves, unprepared.

They're trying to get in touch with Corey to get another rig to go. Apparently where they're at is probably accessible with a good pickup but the DNR won't take their vehicles off the plowed road.

They're looking for another rig so if you're already loaded and close to Elbe, let me know and I'll get you in touch with one of them.

Jaydog's headed back out now. Just got a call that there's some kids stuck on one of the roads. Apparently a couple of guys walked out and got the sherrif but they don't have a way to go get them.

I couldn't go but Jaydog and rollin' heavy are heading out. Sounds like it was some kids out playing by themselves, unprepared.

They're trying to get in touch with Corey to get another rig to go. Apparently where they're at is probably accessible with a good pickup but the DNR won't take their vehicles off the plowed road.

They're looking for another rig so if you're already loaded and close to Elbe, let me know and I'll get you in touch with one of them.

It's been resolved :; Just finished unpacking :D

Some additional pics of the Jeep recovery action.
I tried to just drag him through but the batteries wouldn't hold out long enough.

newyears09030.jpg

newyears09031.jpg

More shots of creative winching to get him up and out.
newyears09032.jpg

At this point we were VERY close.
newyears09033.jpg

This was the FINAL shot and we were able to get him out of the hole.
newyears09034.jpg

newyears09036.jpg

This was our winch master doing a ton of the work getting Kris out of the hole.
newyears09051.jpg

Here's where I started to cross the water hole. Looks OK at this point.

026.JPG

I bounced to the right and decided to give it a shot vs stopping, trying to back out and try that line again.
027.JPG

Going in!
028.JPG

This is as far as I got on the first crack at it.
029.JPG

You can see here the ice mound that I was creating in front of me.
035.JPG

And the work involved to try to get it out of the way.
036.JPG

037.JPG

038.JPG

039.JPG

And finally, getting out. At this point the two rigs got me out of the water. We hooked up cables and got the engine restarted. I could finally assist here by driving out.
041.JPG

After you pass through the water hole thats in the trees you come to the clear cut area. It's right there. It's about 100 yards before the turn off for the Busy Wild.

The engine is FULL of muddy junk. I think I'll take it into Crash to have him fix something. This would be just about the right time and it get's the best cleaning job that way:cheer:

:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :redneck:

Latest posts