• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe picks 2-16-08

Metalbender

-=WTF=-
The snow was deep, and kicked my ass, I think we all had a good time. it was fun running with all of you.
Here are some picks from the day.

elbe7.jpg

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Thanks for the pics

Thanks for posting, it was a good time, get your stuff ironed out and we'll do it again!:beer:

The snow was wet and mushy. Slow going, Here are some more pics from today, lots of fun and nice meeting you suzuki guys. Look forward to going to reiter with you metalbender.

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how the same things can be observed so differently by two people.

I am not discrediting or trying to dis on you, but I ran there today and had a great time. The snow was a course grainy texture that did not pack and slick up. You could dig down or float on top at will.

Even climbing the hills in 3 feet of snow was doable without too much work.

best day of wheeling in a while.

The snow was wet and mushy. Slow going, Here are some more pics from today, lots of fun and nice meeting you suzuki guys. Look forward to going to reiter with you metalbender.

What's the wall thinkness on those tractor/threaded tubes you're using for control arms?

Those are off the shelf aren't they?

How was the road up to the campground? How much snow was at the campground.

road is plowed all the way to the snow park.

side road to camp is not plowed, but only a foot or so deep. a 4x4 can get in and out no problem

sunrise trail varies from 1-3 feet deep. doable but watch the bridges, they are slick and seem narrower with snow on them.
open spaces average about 3 feet of snow on the trails

busy was cut off at the top by a downed tree, shutting off the entrance. we did not have a chain saw to take it out.

Looked like fun. I passed the zuks on Meridian. You guys heading east and I was going west - to Reiter- I was in the orange Zuk.:awesomework: