• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Rock crawl and Rainier Vista

Mike has a some rocks that need to be hauled out there that we can use. Can anyone pick up his trailer in north Tacoma and haul them out there?

would be great to see some flat bed yotas or ones with beat bodys to set the rocks in and motor them up the trail?

would be great to see some flat bed yotas or ones with beat bodys to set the rocks in and motor them up the trail?

We'd need something to gently load them into the rigs. The 2 excavators will be busy on a different section of the trail.

It would depend upon how quickly they work on that area.

Did anyone hear back from Nancy on the Tahuya excavator?

We'd need something to gently load them into the rigs. The 2 excavators will be busy on a different section of the trail.

It would depend upon how quickly they work on that area.

Did anyone hear back from Nancy on the Tahuya excavator?

Ok Dale. Wasnt try N to pry my way in just putting in a coment. Wasnt sure what you had lined up. See you all this weekend.:awesomework::beer::hi:

Ok Dale. Wasnt try N to pry my way in just putting in a coment. Wasnt sure what you had lined up. See you all this weekend.:awesomework::beer::hi:

Not a problem. The idea would work well if we have another excavator. Even a mini could load quite a few of those smaller ones into a flat bad.

C'mon, someone with a mini, or that can get a mini, please step up:cheer:

Nancy said she was going to ask the Tahuya people if they need the mini for this weekend. Anthony knows what projects are going on in Tahuya and there is nothing this weekend. So it looks like it will still be at Elbe, I will call her again tomorrow. I told another guy about the work party this weekend and he said he might be able to get a mini too but it is short notice. Is Steve going to be there with his?

Nancy said she was going to ask the Tahuya people if they need the mini for this weekend. Anthony knows what projects are going on in Tahuya and there is nothing this weekend. So it looks like it will still be at Elbe, I will call her again tomorrow. I told another guy about the work party this weekend and he said he might be able to get a mini too but it is short notice. Is Steve going to be there with his?

Steve said he would be. I've been texting and calling him to remind and confirm. I have Ralph coming for sure with his excavator and dump truck. I don't know what Steve is bringing.

Do you want that steel that I have to work on the trailer?

What do you have? I need to build a ramp and A-frame.

I have almost a full sheet of 3/8" steel plate. I started making the sled. I cut out the base and the front, welded them together and that's it. It would fit very nicely on that trailer.

I also have almost a full sheet of 1/4" steel plate that I picked up for this project.

When is everyone getting there? Staying till?

I'm asking the equipment guys to be at the pit, ready to go a 8am. Ralph's there for 8 hours and that's it. I don't know about Steve.

I was able to rearrange my schedule a bit and can stay for the full day and head home around dinner or a little after.

It's Mother's Day on Sunday so many will probably not be staying. For those that can or do, the focus would be on hauling more rocks up the hill. If we do have the Tahuya mini, it can do a ton of work if people are bringing rocks up.

Luckily, it's not like bringing materials into the busy. It's not a long ways in and it's fairly easy going.

I'll work on helping to set up where we'll make obstacles but apart from that, the guys that are working on that portion can have fun making it fun. I will probably spend most of my day Saturday working on the top section.

PS. I'm going to grab a butt load of subs, water and maybe some sodas for lunch for everyone. I appreciate everyone throwing in to help out. We're going to make Rainier Vista another feature attraction at Elbe. It may take us a while, but this weekend will be a huge step in the right direction.

So it sounds like there might be 4 excavators and some other equipment up there to build the trail! :worship:

Latest posts