• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Rock crawl and Rainier Vista

Gibby1

Did I BREAK that.......
FYI, I had to reschedule the plans to bring in rock this weekend. We really need another dump truck to haul boulders from Eatonville. I don't have a budget for this because it falls outside of the maintenance and operation budget for the park.

I have guy from the Timber Tamers who's willing to bring his excavator down to Eatonville to get the rocks, as well as his dump truck. But it's a 7yd truck and it would take quite a while to move the load that we have. It would be a lot more practical for him to have 2 trucks running back and forth while someone is running the exacavator.

Some of these boulders are HUGE and we may even have to dig a hole for the truck to slide the boulders in as the excavator may or may not be able to carefully lift them and place them in the dump box.

Does anyone else have access to one or more good size dump trucks that we can "borrow" for the weekend. I may be able to raise enough money to cover the fuel but that's likely about it.

The next available weekend for Billy is December 17th and 18th. If you can help, please reply. We have about 8 or so dump loads to move from Eatonville to the end of the 9 road. The land owner says that there's quite a bit more that we can have if we want to dig them out. A second excavator scavenging more rocks would be great!

Nancy is also moving additional rock that is scattered around the park and going to be putting it in the rock crawl area at the end of the 9 road for storage. The more rock we get the more we can do. The Rainier Vista trail is right near the end of the 9 road so it's a short haul from there to move the rock onto that trail where we can use it on the trail.

We can't put the rock on the trail until we're actually ready to get the work done, including constructing gatekeeper obstacles and building the actual trail itself. That will be a much larger work party with probably several pieces of heavy equipment.

We are still working on getting approval to try to salvage some good sized downed timber to use as part of the trail for obstacles.

Most likely the final work on making the trail will happen in the spring.

I got another dump truck load of rock donated from one of the guys at PNWJEEP.com.

The more the merrier so if you have access to or know where we can get some more good size rock and boulders for cheap or free, let me know and we'll put them to good use.

Thanks
Click here for the short version is you don't want to read through all the junk.
http://faithwheelers.thruhere.net:8081/cgi-bin/fworc/YaBB.pl?num=1275231123/0

Last edited:
Dale,

how far down is this "extreme" trail going to go?

I don't get to elbe often, but last spring when did ranier it was a complete clear cut after some very minor up/downs.

I'm kinda worried that where the clearcut happened there is nothing to keep folks "on trail".

Don't get me wrong ... setup a friggin tough azz gatekeeper, but after that?

Dale,

how far down is this "extreme" trail going to go?

I don't get to elbe often, but last spring when did ranier it was a complete clear cut after some very minor up/downs.

I'm kinda worried that where the clearcut happened there is nothing to keep folks "on trail".

Don't get me wrong ... setup a friggin tough azz gatekeeper, but after that?

The Gotcha is where most of the clear cut was. I just ran Rainier Vista a couple weeks ago and I don't recall any clear cut on that Trail. The Rainier Vista is a relatively short trail that starts right where the Gotcha trail ends. The very bottom of this may still have some clear cut if I remember correctly as it begins just as a road and then heads into the trees and up the hill. The trail has a fairly long, consistent hill climb. It's wide but for the most part it's tree lined on both sides. The primary part to be worked is the hill climb itself. The gate keeper would likely be near the bottom of the hill.

The trail goes up about 200' in .2 miles of travel, flattens for a bit then travel up another 150-200' in the last .1 miles of the hill climb. Currently the trail surface itself is flat and pretty much a very basic 4wd trail (2wd for many). Through some obstacles on this trail and it will change very quickly as it's on a good hill climb and every obstacle get's more interesting when you're going up or down a hill.

Gibby if you could post up when the work parties are going to be for this or put me on a mailing list I would appriciate it. Elbe contains some of my favorite wheeling and I would love to help.

Guys, I need to find some money for a dump truck. I've spoke with Billy and his truck is about a 7 yarder. It'll take a lot of trucks loads. I've got a line of a guy who has a 20 yard side dump which is perfect for this, in additional to Billy's truck. His rate is $105/hour for truck and driver. I'm hoping to get him to do 2 loads for $600. It's 45 minutes to an hour just from his depot to the rock site and then a good 45 minutes to get from there up to the end of the 9 road to dump the rock. I don't know if we can even get him turned around...

Otherwise we are desparate for some one to donate a regular dump truck and there time, maybe we can pick up some fuel costs for them.

I looked into a commercial 12 yard truck from Yelm and it was $550/day plus $.25/mile over 50 miles. With taxes and insurance, that could easily be a $1k day... and we still need a driver and a CDL and someone with a commercial account with Hertz to rent it.

We were hoping to get it moved this weekend if we can get another truck.

Can ANYONE help out with this?

I cant do much about the truck Dale But I will put up $25.00 towards the cost and challenge everyone else to match it. So if we get half of the people steve says are coming to the next focus meeting to pony up that should raise $2500.00 to improve the trail to hard core status. Come on people :cheer:

I cant do much about the truck Dale But I will put up $25.00 towards the cost and challenge everyone else to match it. So if we get half of the people steve says are coming to the next focus meeting to pony up that should raise $2500.00 to improve the trail to hard core status. Come on people :cheer:

I will set up a paypal account for the donations. If I get someone else to pay for you I will then be able to refund anyone who wants it or we can put it towards additional expenses for these projects.

Thanks Jim.

Paypal

I setup a paypal account for anyone who wants to donate to this. The email address for the paypal account is [email protected].

All money will be used strictly for the dumptruck costs to move rock to Elbe Hills.

I will post the names of every person that donates thanking them, unless they email me with a request not to.

Lets make this happen

elbedonation.jpg

:awesomework: