• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe

Six-Nine

Made it back from Elbe.

3 zuks, a couple yj's, another xj and a cj.

We had a lot of breakage, so we were not able to run as many trails as we wanted to. One of the zuks broke the welds on both spring perches, had to be stick welded on the trail, held up for the rest of the run. Cj lost a bead and got really stuck in a mud hole. The xj broke a rear drive shaft u-joint trying to extract the cj from the mud hole and also has a crack behind the steering gear. One yj was having engine trouble towards the end the day couldn't diagnose on the trail.

All in all a good day, I want to go back again really soon, with some capable rigs. The trails we ran were fairly tight and most will not make it with out some body damage. You really need a winch and lockers to keep moving on these trails. Didn't really take any pics that turned out. Joe

XJOE said:
Made it back from Elbe.

3 zuks, a couple yj's, another xj and a cj.

All in all a good day, I want to go back again really soon, with some capable rigs. The trails we ran were fairly tight and most will not make it with out some body damage. You really need a winch and lockers to keep moving on these trails. Didn't really take any pics that turned out. Joe

was this your 1st time to Elbe?
great place to wheel huh? how'd the other 2 Zuk's do? guess the failed spring perches were user / welder error... i like to use the wraps. sounds like you found, the "BusyWild" trail...

there's a new map of Elbe available - heres a link;
http://207.202.208.241/elbemap.pdf

Hey Joe! I dont remember getting one of these calls. :flipoff:
Joe: "Hey Amanda, wanna go wheelin".
Amanda: "Sure, I'd love to show you boys how it's done"
Joe: "You always do!"

heep70 said:

at least some gal is admitting they know how it's done... and she'll show you too!
:corn: :corn: :corn:

call me perverted but, this i have to see! :haha:

A woman, Showing a Man... how it's done

ZukPirate said:
great place to wheel huh? how'd the other 2 Zuk's do? guess the failed spring perches were user / welder error... i like to use the wraps. sounds like you found, the "BusyWild" trail...

Yep, first time, and yes found it. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how the Zuks's did:flipoff: Ha, ha actually I am not to suprised by how well Zuks do on the trail especialy tight nasty ones...I might build one some day..:redneck: And the failed perches were do to only being tacked in place and not fully welded. I didn't get any trail damage or have any breakage, so I'll have to try harder next time. Can't upgrade until I break it.

Last edited:
olllllllo said:
Hey Joe! I dont remember getting one of these calls. :flipoff:
Joe: "Hey Amanda, wanna go wheelin".
Amanda: "Sure, I'd love to show you boys how it's done"
Joe: "You always do!"
Sorry, about that. :surrender:
So when do you have some free time? I'd love to go again, so you can show us how its done...he he he..

ZukPirate said:
at least some gal is admitting they know how it's done... and she'll show you too!

There arn't many of them out there, but this one will hand you your ass:flipoff:

XJOE said:
There arn't many of them out there, but this one will hand you your ass:flipoff:

thats what i've been hearing... sounds like a, "Real Woman" nothing better in life than a, "gal who knows how to play with the boys"! :D

ZukPirate said:

About that map... JR and I were out with Nancy Barker of the DNR last Saturday, working getting GPS waypoints on the map. We found that it wasn't quite as accurate as we'd like. Way better than it anything else out there... To make things more interesting the there's one or two spots where the trails were mismarked on the ground! We're going to be working improving the map. Originally we planned a mass printing but I don't think we're going to go that route for a while. My server's moving in a week and I'll try to get the new linky up everywhere that I can find it. It'll be hosted on the faithwheelers webserver and that will be the master as we upgrade waypoints, trail info etc. over the next year or so.

Gibby said:
About that map... JR and I were out with Nancy Barker of the DNR last Saturday, working getting GPS waypoints on the map. We found that it wasn't quite as accurate as we'd like. Way better than it anything else out there... To make things more interesting the there's one or two spots where the trails were mismarked on the ground! We're going to be working improving the map. Originally we planned a mass printing but I don't think we're going to go that route for a while. My server's moving in a week and I'll try to get the new linky up everywhere that I can find it. It'll be hosted on the faithwheelers webserver and that will be the master as we upgrade waypoints, trail info etc. over the next year or so.

please keep everyone informed on the update, thanks:D

Gibby said:
Thanks.:D

XJOE said:
Sorry, about that. :surrender:
So when do you have some free time? I'd love to go again, so you can show us how its done...he he he..
Free time? Bah, who needs free time? I'm out *almost* every weekend, I've been taking some time to relax and fly recently though. :hi:

heep70 said:
D'oh! ...I star in yet another sig line. :kissmyass:

ZukPirate said:

I'd be happy to show you too...if you get yours pile running. :cheer:

Last edited: