• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric jacks

Haulin4alivin

Well guys I'm in the process of building a crawler hauler out of a 32' Big Tex and a 18' Vortex toyhauler. Anyway the way I mounted the front won't allow for a cross bar on the jacks. So I've decided 2 electric motors would probably be the best idea. This way I can level the front of the trailer with the large jacks. Some of the motors I have found are reasonably priced and some are not. Any suggestions? Thanks I am going to do a build thread shortly

Go bigger than you think you need. Mine is an electric tongue jack on the enclosed trailer. It is a 4,000 pound and it gets real slow if the trailer ball is in a bind.

Exactly no such thing as too strong or heavy of a trailer jack, electric or not.

Well I'm using the existing jacks on the big tex I am just trying to add electric motors. Most of the motors I have seen are designed to hook to one jack and operate both by the shaft between the two. Well seeing how I am putting a motor on both I don't see the need in such a large expensive unit. Especially since it won't be used more than a few times a year.