• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Emissions

CRANK1

Soi havent written in some time but i check out the site pretty much everyday. for those of you that dont know Blacksheep built up my 84 cj7 awhile back. the thing is i want to not only be able to wheel my ride but also drive it on the street with my wife and baby girl. here in lies the problem, Kelly put the 2003 ls1 motor in and it runs beautifully, but when i went to get my emissions checked the other day it was 4x the legal limit. so the guy tells me to check out the O2 sensor and the MAPS sensor(not sure if thats the right spelling) wyatt let me know that i could pull the O2 sensor and go have it checked or just spend the $25 or so bucks and go get another one. the other sensor i am not sure where it is located or how expensive it might be. i dont think that the catalytic converter would be so bad that it would allow 4x the legal limit of emissions thru the tailpipe. kelly told me to call the guy at wait4me performance and i did that and he assured me that what he did would not effect the emissions, in fact he says his set ups run cleaner then factory. i was really just wanting input on what else i might do and maybe if there is a way to check the maps sensor. Kelly i know you have set up under the dash a plug in input for the engine i believe, did you tell me that someone can plug a tester into that and see where the problem is. thanks again fellas, the sooner i have this thing legal the sooner i dont have to hear the wife talking about how i pissed money away on the jeep.

the 02 sensors are new. brand new. both of them. the map sensor is on top of the intake near the back under the plastic cover. take the bolt out of the top cover then slide it off. the map is a 90* thing that pushes straight down in, but the plug is flat (plugs in from the back)
the ALDL is screwed under the dash and should tell you what's up
you can scan for codes (if its throwing one) or go to someone that can read it in real time and watch what's going on. that cat is out of an 05 with 5K miles on it, brand friggin new. I am baffled.