• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailers - need input

Thanks all! I went a picked up a new 8.5' x 16' Load Runner from TrailersPlus in Marysville. Considering that I won't use it more than about once a month, it had the dimensions and features I need. 8" integrated I-beam frame, 16" on center wall studs and I believe the same for the frame cross beams, 3/4" flooring, undercoating on frame and box, 15" wheels/tires, 81" between fender boxes and the sucker only weighs 2310 lbs (best part for me since I tow w/ a v8 gasser large SUV). Didn't feel much different than the 18' heavy duty flat deck trailer I've been renting from Sam (war-jeeper).

(Tow rig rear looks low because the air bags aren't pumped up)

P1010289.jpg

P1010290.jpg

P1010292.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice :awesomework: I keep considering going that route but I know me and I will wind up filling it up with work stuff and then have to unload it to go play.

barn doors and no ramp
thats gonna suck if you break

Dude, ya gotta be a downer... :;

I'll figure something out for ramps

Going over to my brother's house tomorrow to design/build a fence to enclose a 26' x 37' area where I think some trailers and toys will be accumulating... :D

Last edited:
:awesomework:Nice trailer Terry!!!!Now you'll have a nice dry place to sleep up north!!!:awesomework::beer:

That is what I was thinking the same thing. A set of ramps will work better than the door ramp on uneven surface

:awesomework: good score on the trailer

That is what I was thinking the same thing. A set of ramps will work better than the door ramp on uneven surface

:awesomework: good score on the trailer

with gravel and uneven parking areas the ramps wont be a bad idea.

Very nice Terry! Thought about going the enclosed route myself but i would need something quite a bit larger

I found some aluminum ramps rated for 5000 lbs each, 15" wide w/ hook ends. After looking at my trailer today, I'll probably just router out some slots just inside where the door closes so the ramp hooks can have somewhere to grab.

Originally I was thinking about a couple of welded-on tube brackets on the vertical face of the back "bumper" but the material and way it's assembled would not allow for it.

Got my fence posts set today at my brother's house for the enclosed and locked trailer parking area :cool:

It'll tow great. I used an Armada to haul my TJ on a flat deck trailer down to Rubicon a few years back and it worked great. Total trailer weight was around 6500 pounds.

We have run Spector trailers for years (20) with out any trouble. While an enclosed trailer is great for a UTV or quads, we like having the open trailer for the Toyota. Easier to maneuver for us (you can see around them easer) and they are easier to clean. We have also found that room can be REALLY tight in an enclosed unit.
Getting back out after driving in, getting to gear, strapping them in... They just have been a harder trailer to deal with for us. :D

We have a full sized car trailer enclosed, a tilt bed car trailer, ATV flat bed, UTV enclosed, and a dump trailer...