• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Endurance Race - Southeast

ibrokeit said:
Class B:

You must be able to say YES to 3 of 4 statements below

No more than 2 tunable vehicle supporting shocks (air shocks, coil-overs, struts, etc.)

Up to 40” tire

No more than 1 locker

No Engine swaps or engines with non-factory forced induction (turbo, etc.)

But what about your solid axle swap?

scottlang said:
how many backhalve type jeeps or truggies enter this race sounds like alot fun like to see some of the rigs.

not in a fawking jeep but i will be in C class with a full bodied rig.....i don't want to be in C class gettin' in the way of KOH types but i ain't got no choice with them rules

ibrokeit said:
Just have to meet those rules^^ Only A requires factory type suspension.

I think you should let me drive. My foot is bigger and therfore heavier. :flipgotcha:

so is there any concrete schedule yet... even a tentative schedule??? i would like to make plans to do a few races...

draggbody said:
so is there any concrete schedule yet... even a tentative schedule??? i would like to make plans to do a few races...

Found these on there site today....

https://sites.google.com/a/ecors.com/title/schedule

Dates for 2011:

March 12 - Marion, NC. The Flats, hosted by Rock Corps 4X4 club

April 30, Auburn, AL. The Great American Park

July 9, Silver Valley, NC. DPG

August 27 - Kentucky. $10,000 top prize for class C!!! Details to come soon!
November 5 - Spartanburg, SC Carolina Crawlin'. Arena-type race with man-made rock course, stadium seating, and 5/8 mile circle track!

The website has a lot of good info and all of the rules and regulations at the bottom of the home page. Hope this helps guys!! :driving:

I am soooo lookin forward to this. I hope I have the buggy ready by the 30th. I got the itch yall! I'm going to incorporate my build with the ECORS rules in mind.

Hey guys! I see a lot of talk about the ECORS series and the GAP race.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or send us an e-mail if you have any questions about rules, etc.

We did make a few changes to the rules. We now allow comp compound tires in Class B where last year we didn't. There is no factory suspension requirement for Class B. This class by far is the hardest to make a rule for and to classify and to keep them fair and not push some guys into class C that really shouldn't be in Class C. Its worked so far, so we just made a few little tweaks and I think we are good.

For class B: meed 3 of the 4 requirements: 40" tires or smaller, 1 locker, no more than 2 tunable shocks (air shocks, etc.), no engine swaps or aftermarket forced induction.

So, you could have 39" KRTBs, coilovers on all 4 corners, and disable one of your air lockers and you'd be good if you had a factory engine. power adder options are OK so long as they aren't aftermarket forced induction (blowers or turbos). Factory turbos are OK. There are other scenarios that would work as well, just meet 3 of the 4 requirements. We think it lets everyone use a little strategy (or use what they have... :D ) for racing rather than build something completely new just for a few races a year. New for 2011, Class B requires a winch. Everyone last year in Class B had a winch anyway, so making that rule for 2011 was easy for us.

Class A seems to be very popular. A $300 XJ does well for the season then its pretty much scrap but is cheap fun!

Keep an eye on our website. We want to have the new site launched within the next couple of days. It will have a better description of the upcoming events and have the rules a little easier to view online. Online registration will be a little more streamlined as well.

John at GAP has been great to work with. We will include as much of the rocks as we can. They must be raceable, but we plan to include as many as we can. We will have some good long fast sections as well as some tree dodging. The course isn't set yet but John and I have been talking about the course already. It would be cool if the fairways still had some nice green grass and some nice greens. I've always wanted to cut a donut on a putting green!!! We are going to try to stay out of the mud. There will be some wet sections I'm sure. But, we are not going to hit the mud holes.

There are some ultra 4 racers in Class C. But, we do have small honda 4cyl transaxle buggies that are competitive as well. There have been and will be a few more full bodied rigs in Class C this year, so don't be intimidated by the full buggies. Hell, if all the buggies were like mine, a Class B racer would have a better shot at winning :D

Our 2011 season starts off in NC and the second race is in GAP. For guys considering racing the season with us rather than just 1 race, we count 4 of 5 races for the series points championship. If you think you are going to run 3 or more races, it would be cheaper to sign up for an annual ECORS membership. This year we changed up the membership a little. Last year the membership was for the driver only. This year the annual ECORS membership is for a Team of up to 3 drivers. Each of these 3 drivers can drive the vehicle in the race and earn points for the series championship. So, you and 2 buddies can get a "Team" together knowing that each may can only hit 1 or 2 races and the others will be driven by your other Team drivers. The Team can still earn Series Points. We realize guys can't always make every race but we want Teams to still race if possible. So, we now have the Team membership so it will help you all out some.

Umm, I'm sure someone has posted something else that needs a reply that I've overlooked.

don't hesitate to contact us if you have specific questions. Check out the website often as it will change to the new format very soon! www.ecors.com

my e-mail is: [email protected] you can send any questions there. I normally check it at least 3 times a day during the week and some on the weekend.

ECORS is also on Facebook. We try to update everyone on Facebook on any immediate changes, updates, or new info. So, anyone with Facebook can find our page and become a fan and follow us. There is a Discussion area there if you have questions. You can post pictures, videos, etc. as well.

For the new site, we will be offering Team Pages for anyone that is an ECORS member for the year. So, start gathering your Team info, sponsor logos, team logos, pictures, etc. so we can post them on your Team page. Once the new site is up, you'll be able to submit that info for your very own team page.

Rob

ibrokeit said:
Any class A or C guys wanna rent me a XL firesuit, helment, and a 2.5lb+ fire extinguisher for the B race?
:dunno:

http://www.kmjent.com/cart/home.php?cat=20164569

and you can get an extinguisher @ O-Rielly for like $20.00. Personally i wouldn't wanna share a sweaty suit and the extinguisher might be hard to borrow considering you need a good way to mount it?

If you want a cheap helmet, TSC has them with the DOT stickers for around $40. I wouldnt want to skimp on a helmet though

good luck!

ECORS has always been about getting together to have a great time wheeling, whether its with friends or family. 4x4 clubs help the sport and bring out more people and teach the noobs of what is right and wrong, etc. Given that, ECORS offers vendor booth space for regional clubs for FREE. So, if your club wants to set up a booth at an event(s), let me know. Its a great way to promote responsible wheeling, your club, and meet a few new people. You are welcome to sell club merchandise, decals, or just sit and dring a few beers. Whatever, its up to you. We'll give ya some space at or near our other vendors and start/finish line. Just let us know what kind of space you want and we will make it available for you.

So, bring out the club tent, a few rigs, table, signs, banners, etc. and have a great time with fellow offroaders.

Oh yeah, the new website will be up within the next 48 hours! We'll be adding more features as the season continues.