• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Endurance Race - Southeast

onetoncrawler said:
ECORS first race is March 12th , looks like they plan on racing at the Great American Park in Auburn in April.

anybody in? :driving:

Hopefully I will have a RZR to race by then :driving:
We will be there to do some filming. Cant wait to see what John desides to build for a course! :woot:
This place is very spectator friendly too!

Neal3000 said:
what is GAP like? any hills or natural rock obstacles there?

The Gap is 100% man made......It used to be a golf course. He has hauled in a crap ton of rocks and now has a awesome park. He can build anything they want. I cant wait to see what he comes up with for the course! :woot:

Matt O. said:
How big is it? Will there be plenty of stuff to go fast on? Never been so don't know what it is like

reading comprehension fails you matto

BustedKnucklefilms said:
The Gap is 100% man made......It used to be a golf course...

Not a mudwhumpin paradise. He does have 2 or 3 areas set aside for mud, but the majority of the place is either old open fairways, woods, or the rock areas. The rock has been hauled in (no concrete chunks and no rebar). He is already making new trails and there should be plenty of wide open fast stuff to go around. He can really make it to whatever ECORS wants b/c he has about 30 or more pieces of equipment out there-multiple doziers, multiple excavators, backhoe, log skidder, and just about anything else you can think of. He also ha a stage setup, atv mud areas, and plenty of good camping areas (no hookups). It's also 5minutes from the interstate, maybe 6 minutes to Wal Mart, and about 5 minutes to the Supper Club and about 7 minuts to the Oyster Bar-those are most likely the 2 biggest clubs, bars whatever in this college town. Here a few videos of the rock areas, but I have no idea what will be in the race or if any of these rock areas will be:

http://s42.photobucket.com/home/dragr1

Any album as The Great American park or The GAP is the place. He will be open in late February and again in March for rides if you wanna check it out before the race. I'll be happy to show anyone around.

oh cool, and yeah it looks a lot better in your pics!

we (bama and georgia area folks) need to make a real good showing for this race so the ECORS people will give us more races in our area or maybe even our own division for 2012

how many backhalve type jeeps or truggies enter this race sounds like alot fun like to see some of the rigs.

scottlang said:
how many backhalve type jeeps or truggies enter this race sounds like alot fun like to see some of the rigs.

Scott, this is Brock with the Black 01 Tacoma from Albertville. I plan on racing in Class B. Bring your Jeep down!

Judging from last year most of the Class C guys had full on buggies except for 2 or 3. Not to say that you couldnt be competitive with a cab truck or back halfed jeep. I havent read class B rules but those may could fall in that class with the right tires??? Several competitors had sure enough nice rigs, a couple race in ultra 4. Hopefully you will see a couple more junky homemade buggies like mine in class C this year :dunno: either way it will be a lot of fun.

i might throw together a class A rig for next year if i enjoy it enough

Class B:

You must be able to say YES to 3 of 4 statements below

No more than 2 tunable vehicle supporting shocks (air shocks, coil-overs, struts, etc.)

Up to 40” tire

No more than 1 locker

No Engine swaps or engines with non-factory forced induction (turbo, etc.)