• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Entry Level + Low Price = Pure Goodness

Hmmm...looks cool for those that just want to bash. Makes you wonder about the quality of the electronics though if it's only 60 bucks more than the scorpion

I was looking on a couple different sites and some looked like they were offering various stages. I feel sorry for the poor sucker who buys the RTR kit for under $300 they will just be replacing all that crap in a week anyways.

For an extra $60 there's no way you are getting any quality parts.

I agree, if you don't build it yourself it's going to take you a while to figure it out how to work on it. I only spent about $500 getting totally setup, but I've seen other people do it for less and still work great.

Agreed, $300 isn't going to do the job.

You can go cheap on motor,reciever,radio but the servo and esc really need to be crawler specific, and that costs $

The Rock Racer isn't the Scorpion either...Has plastic links, front locker not installed ( but I think I read it has one), and there were a few other differences. It also comes with a fairly fast motor and 20T pinion for faster speeds. Supposed to include a 14T pinion though for slower speeds

I agree to a point, to be competitive you are going to need somthing thats built, But for guys looking for an in-expensive way to check out the sport without breaking the bank its great, if you like it upgrade if you dont youre not out a small fortune.