• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Esc

blackcj71

Which do ya'll recommend for speed controller? Im just gettin started into the RC thing, And this is the final piece of the puzzle. I think:eeek: So whats good??

spenser

Tell us a little more about your build, and we can make a better recommendation, but the Tekin Rebel 2 and the Novak Rooster line are popular choices.

All my builds use a novak super duty, it has a bec rating of 6 volts 5 amps and cant be beat. It is a exspensive esc but handles the high loads that the servos throw at it in a crawler, especially if you run digitals or robot servos.

I will be using a xrs or tekin 2 for my scaler when I get to that point.

Devlin

Ive burned through 2 roosters and 2 evx's before I went to using my current super trucker from M-tronics. Its been a damned good esc for me the only thing I dont like about it is the small amount of dead time betwen forward and reverse. Otherwise it kicks arse. :D

hotwheels000 said:
All my builds use a novak super duty, it has a bec rating of 6 volts 5 amps and cant be beat. It is a exspensive esc but handles the high loads that the servos throw at it in a crawler, especially if you run digitals or robot servos.

I will be using a xrs or tekin 2 for my scaler when I get to that point.

Devlin
I hate to tell ya Dev, but my Super Duty spec sheet says only 3 amp. Maybe they upped it since I bought mine in July?? Anyways...just thought I'd point that out in case it is the deciding factor for someone.:D
Good speed controller though.

I might be wrong I will double check. I forgot to add it is good up to 12 cells also.

Edit :you are right only 3 amp but it is good for 14 cells

The Tekin Rebel 2 is a no brainer.
I’m running TR2’s on my clod running digi robot servos front and rear as well as my 2.2.
Zero delay forward/reverse, BEC: 6.0V/5.0amps.
You can’t beat the price compared to equivalent ESC’s on the market.