• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans creek closures

The closure is to protect a bird.

I agree... :booo:

I hoped that with the width restrictions they would leave it open to research the benefits of said restriction...

The only people benefiting from it are the USFS land managers that have an easier job while they wait to retire.

Last edited:
I think its stupid they close it in the winter, I use to always go wheeling or ride quads up there in the snow. But oh well there's other places around to go snow wheeling or whatever.

Somewhat correct. The seasonal closure is a "wildlife" closure. Its for the birds (supposed) and for the deer and such as well. The critters are already stressed just due to winter conditions and the oligests don't want them getting scared from ORVs and running around burning up more energy that is already in short supply. Unless the snow turns to rain it would be unlikely they would close it early. The main concern there is with runoff and having water running down the trails and not going where they want it to. This is more of a issue come spring time then it is now.

We should/could easily offset that energy usage by just dumping a few feed sacks up there. I have spent the majority of my life in the woods, and if the ologist would get their noses out of books and spend a little time in the actual woods they just might get a clue!

I literally had this argument with a fresh wildlife biologist PHD this afternoon. Iner city kid fresh outa UW and knows everything about our harmful human habits. I told him if he would have spent the years he spent getting that PHD in the woods he might have as good of understanding as the average hunter. BTW our state is paying him nearly six figures right now, to do what I am not sure.

OK now I will step down from my soapbox.

The twirp started into me about hunting throwing off natural balance! Humans Hunting properly Is natural balance!

What a joke. You could kill every animal that walked, hopped,or crawled into that park for a hundred years. It wouldn't matter in the overall health of the surrounding forrest. A year, or two after you stop killing all the critters, and it would all be back to normal.

Why does every question about Evans always have to go political? After the fact is too late. These conversations should have taken place a long time ago.

The seasonal closures that have been on the books for years are in place and will be a way of life for the present time. Work around them or lose sleep over things that can not be changed at the moment. Oh wait... you could "occupy" the woods and make demands llike everyone else seems to be doing... Remember when your parents told you life wasn't fair? It isn't, get over it!

Why does every question about Evans always have to go political? After the fact is too late. These conversations should have taken place a long time ago.

The seasonal closures that have been on the books for years are in place and will be a way of life for the present time. Work around them or lose sleep over things that can not be changed at the moment. Oh wait... you could "occupy" the woods and make demands llike everyone else seems to be doing... Remember when your parents told you life wasn't fair? It isn't, get over it!

Very true. It never seems to fail that all of the crying and wailing comes after the fact. Yet when people are asked to be proactive every excuse in the book pops up.:booo: