• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans Creek Opening

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
Its almost that time.

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i4kxztm5/n391/cf100/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pcfff/tcfff/fs250/szw448/szh189/tatEvans%20Creek%20Opening/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/matIN/mac000/mpc000/iso2015-04-01T00:00:00/bls9/brs9/bts9/bbs9/pl20/pr20/pt20/pb20" allowTransparency="true" frameborder="0" width="506" height="247"></iframe>

Last edited:
The axle had unscrewed the side bearing adjuster from the tower, and bent the retainer out far enough I couldn't get the third out of the housing without screwing the adjuster back in and bending the retainer flat, all through the axle tube. :mad: Finally got it apart yesterday, just need a new third and a governor on the throttle. :haha:

was up there today with the new FS guy. There is no snow at all OK maybe an inch at the log pile on the 519 (see pic). Very few blowdowns but take a saw. The contractor will be starting very soon on resuming work at the campground so PLEASE stay OUT of the new road areas. any rutting will only dely work and eat up precious money. The FS is pushing hard to finish the campground improvements this year so there will be several work party's in may and june. They are looking for a ribbon cutting by July 4th. We are getting more and bigger campsites with new tables and fire pits and hopefully people will respect the improvements a lot more than they have in the past just this winter the entry sign was vandalized and someone blew a big hole in the shelter roof. These repairs cost money and waste valuable resources so please educate people when you see them destroying your park. The new ranger jumped in with both feet today (see pic) to open up a drainage. We believe he's going to be good to work with. Jim

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 196
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 195
  • e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 200
I plan on being there early we'd morning, I work till 10 Tues night and off wed/thur. If theres gonna be guys there for a night run I may just go straight there from work. Not to sure about a maiden voyage on propane in the dark, but what the hell,seems to be dialed in and running great.

Looks like co-pilot wants to go after work tues. Puts me up there probably around 1am. Is there anyone else going that night? Who opens the gate and will it actually be open at 12?

So who opens it up? Forest service, member????? Really wanting to do a night run and is there others planning on being there?

In the past we always coordinated with the FS, but since Ian left I don't have a contact anymore. Pokey or Clark in the camp host sticky might have the info.

Just talked to the forest service and gate will be open at midnight :cheer: leaving seattle around 10:30. Come on wheelers,there's gotta be others going???

Last edited:
Its almost that time.

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i4kxztm5/n391/cf100/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pcfff/tcfff/fs250/szw448/szh189/tatEvans%20Creek%20Opening/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/matIN/mac000/mpc000/iso2015-04-01T00:00:00/bls9/brs9/bts9/bbs9/pl20/pr20/pt20/pb20" allowTransparency="true" frameborder="0" width="506" height="247"></iframe>

Almost done with work,rigs loaded and ready, can't wait to hit the hills!

4" of fresh snow up top, 2" at the campground :awesomework:

Only 2 or 3 other rigs up there today. Hills were all slick, 4th gear 5000 rpm to get up some, snow was packing down and slippery. Pretty much perfect conditions. :hi:

My sammi doesn't like deep snow for some reason... Perhaps I need to hot knife my tires or something... But I'll sure give her hell tryin!

No beadlocks for me yet... Can't go that low... Plus they have all already been re-inflated on the trails numerous times and the beads are full of dirt and sticks... They seem to hold air at 18psi... And the driver front burps when wheeling over rocks n stuff... I'll start at 18psi, and air down as needed til I pop beads etc...