• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans Creek Snow Update

Jaydog

We are planning a run this weekend, so I ran up there to see if we could get the tow rigs in. So I figured I'd post a few pics just in case anyone is going to head up there, the snow was dry and provided good traction.

Here is a pic at the first clear cut, where the pavement ends
Picture023.jpg

This is at the 311 staging area
Picture024.jpg

And this is about 300 yards past the 311 staging area
Picture025.jpg

That is where I had to winch myself around to get back out, I was going to try and make it to the campground, but didn't want to take any chances being alone. The snow was about 2+ feet deep at the staging area.

When are you going up this weekend? I've been thinking about dragging my rig up since I have to be up there anyway but my friends rigs are all torn down.

if you have room for two more.. me and a buddy would like to join... both are very capable rigs.I'm just dieing to get in some snow.. the only thing is my samurai is far from road legal.... did you see any rangers ?

if you have room for two more.. me and a buddy would like to join... both are very capable rigs.I'm just dieing to get in some snow.. the only thing is my samurai is far from road legal.... did you see any rangers ?

The FS leo told us at the last meeting that people parking their rigs at the Y (due to snow) or at the first avail safe spot would not be bothered on the road (at least by him) drive sane and you shouldnt have any issues

The FS leo told us at the last meeting that people parking their rigs at the Y (due to snow) or at the first avail safe spot would not be bothered on the road (at least by him) drive sane and you shouldnt have any issues

That is awesome news. Thanks for relaying the message, pokey. :awesomework:
Does this mean they will be more lenient to the open wheeled rigs? In other words kind of a "if you can get up there, you can be up there" on the road when the snow really starts piling in?

That is awesome news. Thanks for relaying the message, pokey. :awesomework:
Does this mean they will be more lenient to the open wheeled rigs? In other words kind of a "if you can get up there, you can be up there" on the road when the snow really starts piling in?

I would believe so as long as people behave themselves . remember there are people that live on that road and saftey and noise are a big concern. I will contact Ian and ask to to chime in here.

We were up this evening left about 6:00 snow was coming down hard. We looped around the small parking lot with the outhouse, 2.5' @ and climbing, and back. We were up there for sledding.

A buddy and I are planning on going up Sunday morning. I have class on Saturday otherwise we would join up if we could.

sewing067.jpg
We decided to turn around running out of daylight and crawling on the snow takes forever. Winched to turn around.

OK, so here is my take on it. I was up there tonight and I don't think there are many, if any, tow rigs that will make it up with trailers. I am personally OK with you parking at the closest location where you can park trailers and safely drive up. The issue is this, safely drive up. By that I mean slowly, within the speed limit, on your own side of the road and refraining from any of the "fun stuff" until you're in Evans. If you drive responsibly, and explain that you parked your tow rigs in a reasonable area, I don't think you'll have problems.

Let me relay a little incident from this evening. I stopped 4 ATV's for operating on the road, all without helmets and 3 with expired registrations. We keep track of our contacts on small incident reports, primarily to justify our time. I intended to warn all of the riders and jot down there names and plates for future contacts. I asked one of them what year his bike was, and his reply was "find out for your ****ing self." That's a bad answer to give the guy that's handing out warnings. Needless to say, his warning turned in to a ticket. I guess my point here is that if you are in the wrong, even if you think it's stupid, play along and be polite. It will usually go a long way. If there is a legitimate violation, even if you don't agree with it, arguing will likely turn a warning or a talking to in to a ticket. That's just my two cents worth. I try to be VERY lenient with the OHV community, but sometimes guys are their own worst enemies.

As for Evans, I'll be around there some this weekend. Flag me down if you see me. Not sure how far up I'll be able to make it by the weekend.