• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans opens friday the 1st

Bulge to bulge is just nitpicking.. The least they could do is measure the tire at the top.

Are you going to build them some giant calipers so they could do this :haha: Think about trying to measure at the top for a moment :eeek:

Are you going to build them some giant calipers so they could do this :haha: Think about trying to measure at the top for a moment :eeek:

It's easier than measuring bulge to bulge....Put a tape on the ground in front or behind the axle. Sight down the outside of the tire and set the dumb end of the tape. Walk to the other side of the rig an sight down the tire to see how wide it is..............
I'm not sure a LEO is qualified to use a tape measure.....Are they union.:fawkdancesmiley::haha::stirpot:

When I typed that I was in a hurry to get to the dinner table, and didn't word it right. ----GREAT now the wife is bugging me about getting a puppy......still can't think!!:mad:

O.K., quick.. Not neccesarily the top, but somewhere between there, and the bulge.. If you think about it they would more likely need the giant calipers to measure the bulge.

LEAVE MY BULGE ALONE.

What if I can squeeze my over width rig through the goal posts?
In my minds eye this would be acceptable.

If you don't have to drive up a post to do it, if you don't bend the posts or get stuck, then you fit.

So just make sure your hub -> hub or rim -> rim is less than 80" :haha:

aaaaah, The 'gray' area...we can smokey yunik em!!

Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin', we gunna do what they say can't be done.

"Juniorrr, when I get home, I'm gunna punch yer momma in the mouth"

ummm, Smokey Yunik was a racer knows for "bending" the rules as far as he could (and a little beyond), Smokey and the Bandit is something else totaly different...... (we'll actually same idea, bending the rules as far as you can and a little beyond it :redneck:)

Does the Leo have a snow report of the campground? Is it usable? Snow pack? Any idea on where the snow is. Sucks with it closed I have no idea.

I knew it was over my head before I even hit "enter" on that last reply. But when you typed 'smokey', I got an instantanious mental image of Jackie Gleason.

so fill up the tires as much as possible and think skinny through the polls. looks like i have to get narrower rims for my bronco 2

IAN is on this board he is the LEO up there send him a message. Also I am sure that he would be more than happy to answer your questions about width restrictions. :stirpot:

I'm just going to camp out of my rig. Sounds like snow may be covering the campground. I guess ill find out.

So I got your message about camping the first weekend. I'm leaning toward maybe later in the month. The place will be packed that weekend. Give it a few weeks and the place will be real mess from all the traffic its going to see the first couple weekends. Not to mention the locals will have time to fix most if not all the damage the Forest Service caused to the trails, at least what they have not fixed already. Near the end of April is when Evans might be worth the trip.