• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans this sat

Trailhead at 9am sounds good to me. I see you're in Edgewood, want to caravan there? I'm game for whatever.

I'm lock f/r with 35s but my fj80 kinda fat and I like my glass. I've run everything there but barely squeeze through 196, 197, and upper 198 in the driest weather. And I haven't been in a year so I don't know if they have gotten worse.

Good trip.

Weather was sunny, but not hot. Actually a little chilly in the shade.

Trails were dry and dusty.

FZJ80 Damage Report:

1) Smashed my driver's side mirror. Might have been preventable. I didn't have it folded in and the rig rocked to the left and smashed into a tree. Sick of breaking these so Amazon.com should have these on my doorstep by Tuesday.
Rugged Ridge Mirrors

2) Smashed my driver's side front corner marker. Bad line choice on my part. Wrangler fit the left line... fatty FJ didn't. I was already sick of breaking these and have something less prone to damage sitting in a box somewhere.

3) Had to use my roof slider ( aka drip rail ) to squeeze past a tree. A hammer should get that back in order.

4) Ripped a valve stem off while trying an alternate path. My spare is an AT so we replaced the valve stem. FYI - Toyo MTs are PITA to break the bead. Drove a Wrangler up on it.... held strong. Next we tried a hi-lift. The Wrangler's entire rear was in the air and the bead still didn't break. A few whacks of the hammer and it finally came loose. Threw a new stem in, set the bead with starting fluid, and was back in business.

I don't think anybody else had anything break.:fawkdancesmiley:

Green TJ almost took a nap. Too much brake stabbing going on.

The Spotter share some blame. (me included) The 3 first rigs kept their passenger front tire on the most gradual sloped rock face. We got casual for John. His front passenger tire was about a foot left (driver) of where we went and he dropped off a much steeper shelf.