• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans

If your rigs are not either dead stock or on a trailer don't go to Evans. Just an FYI.

All but one of the cops tasked with patrolling the area are doing there jobs well.

There is one up there recently who is absolutely nothing short of a terrorist.

For example, he has pulled over Cherokees with 31s on stock rims sitting on 2 inches of lift and no other mods and threatened them with thousands in fines and their rig sent to impound.

He turns a blind eye to all illegal activity ( under age drinkers with giant pallet fires off the FS road away from camp for example ) and concentrates on the good people who legally recreate there. Even if your on a trailer he considers it against the law to unload at the staging area ( at the start of lower 311 ) as the FS road does not end until you reach the day use area just before the camp ground.

Non of the other LEOs like him and the DNR guys who maintain the area want him gone too.

I can't begin to tell you the number of bad stories I've heard from fellow wheelers about their run-ins with him. He stopped me during my club's event up there and was almost shouting at me. Naming off all the illegal things about my rig and threatening to " nail my ass" if I tried to drive my ZJ home.

His rant ended with him telling me he'll be watching and waiting for me to try and leave and that I should not ever return to Evans until my rig is put back to stock!

He is less than a piece of **** and is by no means deserving of being referred to as human.

Myself and others are working to get him removed from the area. Until then I don't wheel Evans anymore. No wheelin, work parties, trail cleanups, nothing. Evans is dead to me and a bunch of regular wheelers I know.

Ya that guy is a **** and I no longer go there to. It was my #1 place for some time but not now

damn, thats too bad. why does therer always seemt o be one bad apple?

I went up there a few months ago and 2 guys came through. All they did was check for parking passes and they even made small talk with a few of us. they were very nice.

Myself and others are working to get him removed from the area. Until then I don't wheel Evans anymore. No wheelin, work parties, trail cleanups, nothing. Evans is dead to me and a bunch of regular wheelers I know.[/QUOTE]

We've got one on the island that has a hard-on for "not stock exhaust". It sucks that by not runnin Evans anymore your givin the prick exactly what he wants, he wins. Some times by flooding a court room with angry locals who have been on the receiving end and want to contest thier tickets you can get the attention of the powers that be. Good luck on gettin rid of him!!

damn, thats too bad. why does therer always seemt o be one bad apple?

I went up there a few months ago and 2 guys came through. All they did was check for parking passes and they even made small talk with a few of us. they were very nice.

Those are the rangers, they're pretty cool, it's the one LEO that everyones having problems with.

I trailer my ****, and haven't had any problems, my dad however drives his Ranger to and from the trail, so untill he gets a trailer, we'll be going to Elbe instead.

This whole topic makes me want to build a rig EXACTLY to every last one of the "rules", and see if they **** with me then. :haha:

So if this guy is such a problem, why doesn't everybody who has an unsatisfactory interaction with him start sending an honest, respectful, non-emotional letter to his superiors to document the issue. Be sure to include the specific time, date, and location where the incident occurred. Even if your rig was out of spec, it's no excuse for him to act in an unprofessional or disrespectful manner, and his boss should be notified, EVERY time. Copies of the letter should also be sent to top government officials in the officers home base (city or county council members, for example), and top state law enforcement officials.

Now here's the kicker - if you act argumentative or insubordinate with the officer, to the extent that your behavior gets noted in his notes / report, his superiors will not give your complaint much merit, so it's important that you retain your composure.

If enough legitimate complaints with the officers name on them come across the desks of enough important people, sooner or later they will get tired of hearing his name, and will do something about it.

All but one of the cops tasked with patrolling the area are doing there jobs well.

There is one up there recently who is absolutely nothing short of a terrorist.

For example, he has pulled over Cherokees with 31s on stock rims sitting on 2 inches of lift and no other mods and threatened them with thousands in fines and their rig sent to impound.

He turns a blind eye to all illegal activity ( under age drinkers with giant pallet fires off the FS road away from camp for example ) and concentrates on the good people who legally recreate there. Even if your on a trailer he considers it against the law to unload at the staging area ( at the start of lower 311 ) as the FS road does not end until you reach the day use area just before the camp ground.

Non of the other LEOs like him and the DNR guys who maintain the area want him gone too.

I can't begin to tell you the number of bad stories I've heard from fellow wheelers about their run-ins with him. He stopped me during my club's event up there and was almost shouting at me. Naming off all the illegal things about my rig and threatening to " nail my ass" if I tried to drive my ZJ home.

His rant ended with him telling me he'll be watching and waiting for me to try and leave and that I should not ever return to Evans until my rig is put back to stock!

He is less than a piece of **** and is by no means deserving of being referred to as human.

Myself and others are working to get him removed from the area. Until then I don't wheel Evans anymore. No wheelin, work parties, trail cleanups, nothing. Evans is dead to me and a bunch of regular wheelers I know.

I assume you are talking about officer Dan, This officer has put a bad taste in my mouth about going to Evan for the last year, my favorite place to wheel. I am a responsible law abiding tax paying citizen and this guy makes me feel like more of a criminal than the guy that broke into my house and stole my tv.

Dan gave my buddy a 300 dollar ticket on Sunday for no flaps and rear bumper...and said he could not drive it away it would have to be trailerd..this was at around 3:00 and he said if its not gone by 3:30 its getting towed... so my other buddy drove down to the gas station and drooped his truck off and ran back up and trailed his truck back down then they unloaded and he drove home...what an ass... well I was waiting at the gas station another officer came up to us and said are you going up or coming down cuz its going to be a ticket day up there today... he was real nice just giving us a heads up.... he also said :rb: DAN THE ****:rb: is the only officer that drives the Ford truck with the canopy...

That is why I stay away from there now.

Thats what they want........

Give out enough tickets and harass as many people as possible to drive them away from the area, that way they can close it down to offroading...

What a bunch of F*ckers.........
:looser:

I was up there the last sunday in sept. Didn't run into any LEO's or anything but I also ended my day short when I broke my rear driveline.

Dan gave my buddy a 300 dollar ticket on Sunday for no flaps and rear bumper...and said he could not drive it away it would have to be trailerd..this was at around 3:00 and he said if its not gone by 3:30 its getting towed... so my other buddy drove down to the gas station and drooped his truck off and ran back up and trailed his truck back down then they unloaded and he drove home...what an ass... well I was waiting at the gas station another officer came up to us and said are you going up or coming down cuz its going to be a ticket day up there today... he was real nice just giving us a heads up.... he also said :rb: DAN THE ****:rb: is the only officer that drives the Ford truck with the canopy...

So here we are again with the what part of street legal is hard to understand:eeek: I understand the guy may be a bit overzealous but a truck without a rear bumper (and mudflaps) is illegal to drive on the road. Again I fully understand that this guy is overzealous but just about every single person I have heard complain about him has been driving something that is an eye magnet to him by having blatent issues. You know hes up there and you know the game so learn to play by the rules and you wont have these issues:cheer:

Thats what they want........

Give out enough tickets and harass as many people as possible to drive them away from the area, that way they can close it down to offroading...

What a bunch of F*ckers.........
:looser:

Not gonna happen no way no how:cheer:

Everybodys got a boss.

I wouldn't engage officer Dan, be sweet and respectfull. You can't argue the law, but you can argue Dans judgement with his boss though. I would find out who his boss is. I would also find out who his bosses boss is. Up a couple levels in a small town you are probably at the Sherrif level which is an elected position.

If Dans out of line, of if he's stirring up too much **** and people bitch about it, he'll become a PITA to his boss: no boss wants a PITA employee.

If you talk to the right person, Dan will get an assfull from his boss behind closed doors. :awesomework: