• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Everlast question...... Again

Technician

Let's beat a dead horse. (Good thing this ain't pirate 4x4) been lookin at everlasting walders and don't know what is the best unit for tig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a multi process Everlast... Tig function works fine, but is DC only.

I've been eye balling the PowerTig 250EX to get into AC aluminum stuff.

I recently got a 255 EXT and am loving it. Their torches are total **** though. I got a 20-series water cooled torch with mine. It lasted about two weeks before spraying water out of the tip. They warranty replaced it and the replacement leaked from the handle before I was even able to use it.

I figured let's stop being cheap and got a CK brand. It leaks from the DINS connector. I had to solder it as a temporary fix to even weld.

Dude save your money and go with a Lincoln Square Wave 200. It'll do up to 150 hz and has pulse, and cleaning settings. It comes with a 17 flex head air cooled torch, this is the only down side. $1399. I had to wait a few months to get it though. But I absolutely love it

Friend of mine bought an Everlast, I don't have a clue which model. He ordered his through Homedepot. I think he even bought an extended warranty through HD. He said his plan, if anything went wrong with it was to be able to hand delivery it back to HD and let them handle. Store manager told him it would be the store's issue then. They would be responsible for any and all repairs. he hasn't had any issues, that I'm aware of. Just something to consider, unless you are close to a dealer.

OK welder people in the know! I have desires for a plasma and tig. Looking to do basic motorsports fab and repair hobbyist type stuff. I have experince with stick, mig and alum spool.
I am looking a the welder in the link below. Heaviest material being 1/4 alum and steel, possibly 3/8 steel. Stainless exhaust. It looks to have lots of controls for the tig surely that is a good thing. Only negative I have heard is torch quality. Does anyone have any feed back? Looking for this old dog to learn some new tricks to teach my kids.

(http://www.everlastgenerators.com/product/multi-process-tig-stick-plasma/powerpro-205si)

My plasma is an older everlast, come get it if you want to play with it. Some days it's the best thing ever, some days I want to throw it in the scrap pile.