• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

EVERYONE! please take the survey at aetna nation! even if you never go there!

billstoy

new news on aetna is to take the survey , link on page 2 ! if you ever hope to ride there and visit tennessee! they are trying to keep part of it open for orv ridding.
Pass the survey info along to others and other sites!

What is the new news on Aetna? I heard closier was on hold and clean up is scheduled for after closier date?

Re: Whats going on with Aetna?

Yes the clean up is still scheduled for March 17th BUT they are once again blocking by security going through the subdivsion side so if your not on the We Rock lease not sure how anyone would get up there :mad: From what I heard We Rock is NOT having a open ride for that date. it's still a few weeks away so things could change. If I hear anything new I will post.

One of the land owners posted a copy of the court order that states that the road is public. They can't block it. If they stop you and tell you that you can't go then tell them :flipgotcha:

I actually printed a copy to stick in my Jeep just in case.

I'm a key holder,, but what about closing the mtn. for ridding? booyang

someone posted on face book that they went up the subdivision side yesterday and there was a security guard at the bottom of aetna mountain rd they handed a paper to them which basically says "Welcome to black creek mountain." It explains how going up the mountain you must now follow the road to the right (instead of going strait where it forks at the end of the pavement) and to stay on the public easment. Mentions in there to not park vehicles on the side of the road and to be respectful of the private properties. The security gaurd was friendly and not blocking access, he was just there to hand out these papers and watch the neighborhood.

You can still ride on the mountain. They have not decided yet on a closure date. TWRA does have signs posted on there property no tresspassing but they are not enforcing it yet. People are still riding all over the mountain.

Thanks for the response!! I would like to know more on the preceding with TWRA and the mountain If and on what grounds they plan to close the mountain and when? Has anything we have done made any difference to change things ! Other than Pissoff officials and Wamp !

Black Creek Mountain discussion with, TWRA, Rep. Floyd, off road supporters, TV12, WeRock the meting about Aetna with the TWRA

If the Mountain is Posted and Closed and we go up for a cleanup are we all likley to get prosucited forTrespassing ! Is the cleanup just a test! to see how they will control us! I hope it's not a sharp stick in the eye!!

Hopefully the dumbass hillbillys that are screwing **** up on the subdivision side will calm down, I want to join werock if things get worked out where there will still be some good riding.

It is going to be awhile before they get this all worked out as of right now no tickets are being issued

what a useles tool... twra might as well have just mailed in a big poster with :gtfo: on it.

so are they trying to close all of Mt. Aetna or is the lease/werock part still going to be open or what?

werock doesn't own any part of the mountain , twra controls the mtn. the lease is just a private access, parking and the campsites/area! it is great to have a gated parking area ,restrooms and a organised party spot with some private parties and cookouts!! I don't mind the 200$ a yr for the gated access !

when you go thru the top gate at werock you are on the mtn and it is now posted? So when will the arrest for trespassing start? The 17th at the cleanup?

That would be a good time to make a statement!

I'm all for the cleanup! it would suck to get arrested!
:wtflol:

Actually, there is about 9000 - 10000 acres on Aetna Mtn. TWRA only has "control" of 1200. However, it just so happens that the 1200 they control is right slap in the middle of where all the riding goes on.
The TWRA was given control of the land but they don't own it. It was part of a Forestry Legacy land purchase that was purchased with federal money (tax payer money). The Forestry Legacy (FL) program was set up to purchase forest land to "save" it from development and or detruction of the forest. It was designed to help maintain our forest areas for wildlife enthusiast to use. Unfortunately, the TWRA is trying to do a land swap with the developer of the sud-division to give the sub-division owners some land that they want to develop and build a road thru.
Only problem is that the FL program will not allow development on land that they purchased. I think the big question is can they actually swap the land that was bought and is protected by the FL program???

We Rock posted the other day on there face book page that they spoke to the FL and the land swap is NOT going to happen ! FL advised they have never had a land swap with anyone and there NOT going to start doing it now !

I was there last Sunday and there are some new signs in certain areas coming from the lease to the peanut butter hole saying no motorized vehicles. Once at the PB hole there are some werock signs basically saying don't litter and be respectful. The rd from the top gate to the pb hole no longer has the huge ruts and mud holes in it, you could drive a car up there now. From wjat I heard we rock did that work.