• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

exo cages in washington

Don't worry bout these guys, the question isn't about whether they look good to some dude in a Jeep, the question is whether they are legal and maybe some other suggestions to help you keep it legal.

Kevin

Im just defensive

:mad: I had just got done talking with some tard who had never wheeled when trees were involved so i was already fired up on the subject.

i know i used to get no rear bumper tickets all the time in my ol' 76 chev.............always got thrown out because it was a scottsdale..........an option on that model..........they would however always stick me with no light covers on the lights on my roll bar.......and no antispray devices:booo: however last summer i called the state patrol sub station office and asked them about my fj40 rolling topless and doorless..............and he took my phone number and called me back about 15 min. later with the rcw#...........i've ben diggin' for it but can't find it.........he told me it was fine as long as the vehicle had seat belts ..........from the way he read it:awesomework: wich some vehicles that are older seat belts were an option:fawkdancesmiley:

Nice, so i guess as long as the cop doesn't specify on the ticket what speed you were going you could argue this in court (not saying to lie in court, but not saying not to).

Kevin

Yeah the hard part for me was the purjury factor so I just said I remember being in second gear which puts my speed around 20-25mph. The cop had no radar for proof, just his word against mine and guess whos side they took? I shoulda just lied and said yes, I was definately going under 20mph. :mad:

MT,
Don't be defensive around here. Most of us, myself included, have substantial body carnage. My nickname is well deserved. Not from an occupation, but rather my driving style. Ask Digger5, as he for one has seen me six foot up a Ponderosa Pine. Not by my choice either, but rather I used to have a very heavy right foot.
My comments were directed at a very contradictary dilema. On one hand you want to avoid body carnage so that you won't have to do a cab-swap in the future. On the other hand you want to drive with abandon when needed. Your original posts hadn't reflected your driving style, so my thoughts are true. With this new insight, yeah, maybe an EXO is just the thing for you.
TreeClimber

TreeClimber, your one of the better written here. The contrast is striking. I guess Jobless will just have to spend more time hanging around you...

TreeClimber, your one of the better written here. The contrast is striking. I guess Jobless will just have to spend more time hanging around you...

Interesting...you take my lack of written detailed expression as a sign of what?

Exo's are :rb:

How much more insight do you need :haha: :haha: :haha:

the wsp pages

Thats all the info i needed. Great digging on that. Thanks.

(2) The hood, hood latches, hood fastenings, doors, and door latches shall be maintained in a condition sufficient to ensure proper working equal to that at the time of original vehicle manufacture.
If I had no doors and got a ticket, Id just argue that theyre being maintained and operate just fine in my garage. It doesnt say they have to be ON the vehicle :flipoff:

~T.J.

I know theres a law on lighting that says you can run any light you want so long as it doesnt "glare" when you look at it so technically neons would be legal by this law. Id have to look up the rcw for it again.

I know theres a law on lighting that says you can run any light you want so long as it doesnt "glare" when you look at it so technically neons would be legal by this law. Id have to look up the rcw for it again.

Nope. Wrong. Vehicle must have headlights, with functioning high beams. They must be OEM headlights. When the Trooper said the reason he pulled me over was "for driving with driving lights" I almost laughed in his face at the oxymoron. 55W halogen, just like the headlights but mounted lower to not offend shorter vehicles, not legal. From 30min after sunset to 30min before sunrise you must have headlights.

If I had no doors and got a ticket, Id just argue that theyre being maintained and operate just fine in my garage. It doesnt say they have to be ON the vehicle :flipoff:

~T.J.

:haha: :haha: :haha: On the way home tonight my buddy almost asked me if I remembered to close the windows on my truck after loading it on the trailer. But then he realized they're sitting at home in the shed attached to the doors. :haha: :haha: :haha:

as far as the laws go, it doesn't really matter what they say. They are left in a grey area so as to be interpreted by any officer. If you disagree with their interpretation then you have the right to go to court and argue your case with a judge.

"after a big long speach about how he could not get me out in an accident with no handles for him to use" I got that same explaination when I got pulled over in my old '83 w/ half doors which had working handles right inside the door... I told the cop if he couldnt figure out how to get me out of a rig w/ a sunroof and half doors I'd just go ahead and save myself... He wasnt too impressed but didnt give me a ticket and peeled off to go catch real criminals...

I only wheel one way.
:eeek:

Oh and yeah bring that jeep over here to the trees for a year and see what it looks like. If i lived in the frikkin nothing desert . It's completely different wheeling up here if you haven't been you should try it.

Really, I live over here in the trees, and had my jeep for about 10 years, with the same body. It is not hard to do, just pick the right line.

Unless you are the type that think you can take a 6' wide vehicle and fit it through a 3' opening.

Where have you wheeled in whatcom? Acadamy Haha

I've had to build ramps out of logs and jump my truck through trees to get back up out of a trail that got blocked off by logging trash. We should take your jeep down Indo trail on Sumas . Its off camber to the left at at least 70% and is also going downhill at 70% for over 100yrds with trees that remain straight. I hate when people say they've been wheeling and they haven't. When you are on a wooded trail the width of your rig there is only one line. Email me ill take you wheeling. I live right in Bellingham .

are you people kidding me here? Aren't we supposed to be a group of adults that all enjoy the same sport? WTF?! This is starting to remind me of the elit buggy drivers vs. everybody else threads.