• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Expressway

The info regarding logging updates are supposed to be posted on the Kiosk in the main parking lot...Any updates/info I get will be passed on as soon as I can get it (good info)...There's a ton of rumors/speculation floating around on the interweb, so I go directly to the source for the best/most accurate info to date...
As for a date of reopening, they can't give that at this point due to too many variables with the logging, but they will once they have a better idea of completion...

Best? I'd say you have to research who has the timber sales for the area. Request for Information Act makes it easy...The info is public Information, and should be out there somewhere with a google search...

Yes, you can run up Upper Mainline and into Expressway, Poop Shoot, and that general area, but you will not be able to run up the last leg of Upper to the landing, where the shark fin rock was...You'll have to go back out, past the rock hound pit and out Peter Burns to get to the rest of the trails...This info cam as of last night. More updates to come after next week's DNR meeting...:awesomework:

Yes, you can run up Upper Mainline and into Expressway, Poop Shoot, and that general area, but you will not be able to run up the last leg of Upper to the landing, where the shark fin rock was...You'll have to go back out, past the rock hound pit and out Peter Burns to get to the rest of the trails...This info cam as of last night. More updates to come after next week's DNR meeting...:awesomework:

That whole last section of trail is gone--the new road cuts into the trail just above boulder creek--go down it and turn around. Did they close the new road road off?

That whole last section of trail is gone--the new road cuts into the trail just above boulder creek--go down it and turn around. Did they close the new road road off?

Will be finding out at the next meeting...Jayson will report back to me with answers...I hope they are done, and they did close it off, so that we can get in there and do good work to bring that section of trail back to it's former glory, OR determine a new route to get the 'Walker Loop' back in action---honestly I am hoping for the latter......:awesomework:

I might be ready for another shakedown run by this weekend... Couldn't get my junk ready for last weekend... Let me know if/where you go crash...

As of just before last weekend, I was talking with Cahill, and he claimed the access to the old landing on top of expressway was open, but he was not aware that just the weekend before some of our guys ran it, and got denied due to logs across the access, and had to turn around and run out to the road and up to the other gatekeeper, to run the rest of the system...no loop yet. He's supposed to be contacting me by this weekend for an update (he was gonna go check it out)....I'll put a bug in his ear. :awesomework:

Saturday huh??? :corn:

We ran it Sat. The access from where Mainline and Expressway merge is no longer accessible, however if you go up the hill from there on Expressway you get to a new logging road that leads to the landing. Really sorry we lost that section of trail but at least you can get through. Now there is new logging on the other side on Timber Tamer. Signs said that the forest road leading past Timber Tamer to EZ Valley and access to the rest of the trails was closed. We checked it out later however, and it looks like you could use this access on weekends when they are not logging. I wish this was more clear.:stirpot:Kev if you have any updates please let us know.

I only JUST heard of this new logging on T.T. trail last friday...Sorry I did not post up, as I have been buried at home/work---but you obviously figured it out...:haha: :redneck: Glad to hear at least it is now a loop again...

That newest logging area is supposed to be minimally invasive to the trail...But we'll see...Their idea of minimal, and our idea are likely on two different planes...
But I will try and post any new updates as I get 'em!