• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

extracting a pilot bearing from a 22re?

bust out the inner race cage and bearings, section the outer race almost all the way through with a dremel or die grinder and then pop it with a chisel.

:awesomework: Thats the easiest way. Its the only way i do it, takes 5min and no mess:beer:

I have also had sucess with candle wax or parafane (sp?) wax. You have to break it up into small enough chunks to fit through the bearing and just keep packing it in there. Then the punch with tape.I've even done it with a socket extention.

I got it out. Broke the center out and then cut the outter with a dremel. Took about 10 minutes thanks for all the suggestions

Oh my,

I purchased a 10 dollar slide hammer set from harbor freight 10 years ago or so. It takes longer to get it out of the bottom drawer of the tool box than it does to pull the bearing. I've never had one come appart while getting it out.

All these other methods seem highly suspect :eeek: and would probably end up being messy or frustrate a person enough to want to shoot the damn thing out. I bet a bazooka would get the bearing out too.

Oh my,

I purchased a 10 dollar slide hammer set from harbor freight 10 years ago or so. It takes longer to get it out of the bottom drawer of the tool box than it does to pull the bearing. I've never had one come appart while getting it out.

All these other methods seem highly suspect :eeek: and would probably end up being messy or frustrate a person enough to want to shoot the damn thing out. I bet a bazooka would get the bearing out too.

Now that's a damn good idea, use a .22 and it'd ricochet off the crankshaft, spread the bullet and push it right out. Better wear safety goggles...:fawkdancesmiley:

Uh... maybe something like a pilot bearing puller?

P11568310.jpg

:mad:

This tool is available at my local Tacoma Screw products store.
Why not use a tool that's designed for the job?
Probably won't be the last time you do a clutch job.

IN a pinch you can use the Hydraulic TP version of a pilot puller. Find a bolt the same ID of the Pilot bearing, soak some tp in water, insert tp mix in/behind Pilot bearing, then hammer bolt in. It will move out afew MM at a time but eventually it will pop out and there will be dry tp behind it. :haha:

Oh my,

I just knock the guts out of the bearing till its just the outer ring/race and then get it orange hot with the cutting torch and blow it two pieces in about 5 seconds. The two chunks fall out and the crank is such a big chunk of metal it is still cold.

All that other **** is just hoping for the best, I never get lucky so I just get right to the point instead of ****in around.:awesomework:

Or enstead of buying a puller.... just weld a nut to it, and screw in a bolt... works fine and is free...:awesomework:

Candle wax works great! used like the grease method with a punch and electrical tape just not as messy. Been doin it this way for years.....:corn:

I use bits of candle wax and whatever size bolt fits the hole, keep pounding wax in and the bearing comes out.