• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Faithwheeler event - rescheduled

The date changed. Can you make it now?

• Total voters

Gibby1

Did I BREAK that.......
Due to the closure of the Cranberry Lake location the Faithwheelers event is being rescheduled and relocated.

The new date is July 29th, 2006. 9am to 4pm. The event to be held in near Buckley, WA.

We'll have a mud bog, and obstacle courses. We're not sure yet about the rock piles - we need to find a way to transport the boulders since we have none on the new site. We'll definitely have a rock garden as part of the obstacle course but it might take another year or so to get a good boulder supply.

Count on having some VERY interesting log obstacles this time and some short but very challenging trail type obstacles.

It'll be fun but a very different course compared to what we had before.

I hope to see a lot of you out.

Gibby, since you started a new thread with a new date and location, I locked the other one so no one thinks its still at Cranberry Lake.

So here's what's new. We'll have mud bogs and some pretty cool obstacle courses. We'll have some kind of a hill climb, short but steep. We have a car and van for obstacles. We won't have a big rock pile like we've had in the past but we will have some sizeable rock gardens. Our trail and log obstacles will be really cool! About 5 acres will run through trees and will be littered with obstacles to navigate.

We are going to be using a 60 degree RTI ramp for the guys who are wanting to win the set of Bobby Long beadlocks. Yes, a 60 degree ramp and NO one will max this ramp, not even Robin.

The rocks are back!

crash said:
No rock pile

boooooooooo :D

Schweet!

Not only are the rocks back, BUT Markus is talking with a buddy of his about building a pro style obstacle using the spray on concrete. I just happened to pick up a PILE of concrete culverts about 15 minutes before Markus called. This stuff is perfect for a foundation for stuff like this.

We'll letcha all know how this progresses. I never build one of these but apparently this other guy has and he has the equipment and will pay for the concrete!

Gibby said:
Schweet!

Not only are the rocks back, BUT Markus is talking with a buddy of his about building a pro style obstacle using the spray on concrete. I just happened to pick up a PILE of concrete culverts about 15 minutes before Markus called. This stuff is perfect for a foundation for stuff like this.

We'll letcha all know how this progresses. I never build one of these but apparently this other guy has and he has the equipment and will pay for the concrete!

:clappy: sounds great, glad to hear that it is coming together for you guys..

The Event is Cancelled, thank you to all that came out and helped over the past month or so, We will try and find a spot for next year. Hopefully the Cranberry Lake location will be back up and running next year, Oh and thank you to all the bunny huggers that worked overtime to screw us out of another site.:mad:

Yes, the county shut it down, Gibby met with them this morning, same issue as what they used for the Cranberry lake. He has twenty acres and needs permission to use it, I would understand if there were a creek or river or even a swamp on the land, but that is pierce county, if a rain drop hits it then you can't use your own friggin' property. Makes me sooooo angry when the government steps on the people that pay their salary.

I just wish we could have one easy year, we have had to fight an uphill battle since the very first one that we did, what is this world turning into, I guess that is what I get for living in one of the most liberal states in the union.:mad:

Cancelled

Yep, the greenies won this round. We're looking forward to getting things back out to Cranberry Lake next year. We'll see how that goes.

We have been able to determine that there's an activist group out there searching the boards for events like this, trying to find reasons to shut them down. The CITIZEN complaint is from someone that only has a PO Box and apparently they are NOT local.

Talk about a bunch of chicken**** losers. They lurk on our boards trying to kill our sport and pound on land user rights but they haven't got the guts to even speak up and tell us who they are. Nope, just go behind our backs like little children with a whacko agenda.

So I know you're reading this, whoever you are that filed the citizens complaints about our new site and the Cranberry Lake site. Why don't you speak up and show yourself? If you have what it takes to slither out of the wetlands grass that is.

Actually the PNW mud bog was scheduled to be there on the 8th, and that was posted on several boards. So they could have gotten the location any number of ways.

Hmmm, it was the 15th but the notice was actually prior to the PNW mud bog being annouced. I have no idea which forum they found the info on, but apparently someone is lurking around on the website, like a slimy snake!

Now we really need to be monitoring what kind of wheeling pic's get posted. I.E. water crossing pic's ,etc...

Guess it was a sign when I popped the rear main cap off my 302 and saw copper and grooves that things could only get so much better for attending this event... :damn:

JOOP said:
Now we really need to be monitoring what kind of wheeling pic's get posted. I.E. water crossing pic's ,etc...

That's exactly right Jon! Crash and I have made a point of keeping tabs on this here.

All we need is some "Footage" to get into the hands of the wrong people, I remember back in the early 90's I guided for cougar and bear with hounds and some folks wanted us to take them out with thier cameras so they could video it, we refused, so they went to the next guy up in Colville, He gladly took them out and it was his hounds that ended up on the television campain that ended in the outlawing of hound hunting. So beware of what you put on the internet and who video tapes you.