• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Few Updates to the TJ

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
So Captn Carl come over on Saturday and we put in work. Pulled the front spring spacers and adjusted the coilovers in an effort to the lower the ride height by 1.5". We did some other maintenance stuff and broke down my tires becaus the new Creepy's were on the way. Got the tires tonight and mounted them up, boy do the look good. Even driving around the driveway you can tell how sticky they are. They also make cool sticky noises that are awesome ;D

Here are a few pics:

2007Modifications105.jpg

2007Modifications106.jpg

2007Modifications107.jpg

2007Modifications108.jpg

About .75" between the two unmounted
2007Modifications109.jpg

2007Modifications111.jpg

2007Modifications112.jpg

Yeah I put them at 1 pound and rode around the yard for 20 minutes to try and loosen them up. I hope they work as good as they look. They are so sticky they make noises when I pull them in the garage and make turns on the driveway

BamaTJ said:
Yeah I put them at 1 pound and rode around the yard for 20 minutes to try and loosen them up. I hope they work as good as they look. They are so sticky they make noises when I pull them in the garage and make turns on the driveway

Everyone I've talked to said they don't work at all until they wear down a good bit.

I am sure they will work fine for now. I have heard when the edges start feathering they really start hooking

Yeah your suppost to take a grinder to the edges before you ever ride. Damn that would be hard to do to a brand new set of tires.

Cole said:
Yeah your suppost to take a grinder to the edges before you ever ride. Damn that would be hard to do to a brand new set of tires.

There is no way I can do this to those tires. If I was a comp guy MAYBE, but no way...

BamaTJ said:
There is no way I can do this to those tires. If I was a comp guy MAYBE, but no way...

I don't blame you. I know when I get my jeep back one of the first things I am doing is grooving my tires.

Me, P and my buddy Wayne put in some work. Added a dash bar to the cage, fixed and reinforced my Sway Bar Mounts, replaced LCA mounts with the stuff from TJKen and shaved the rear bumps some to allow for the right travel with the new height and tires

I think your boy Wayne deserves props... he did all the crappy work and it was hot as balls today. All I did was stupervise and weld.

Jeeps lookin real good though, I look forward to seeing it perform next weekend with the latest setup. Watch the pass side LCA mount , that big sucker is an anchor point waiting to happen ! You need to flat belly your skid since you dont run the traction bar in the rear anymore.. Just a thought (although at this point it would only make both LCA mounts in the rear anchor points )

I am not doing anything to my junk unless it breaks. I am just tired of working on it, only thing I would like to have is upgraded shafts and bling joints and shafts up front just as insurance. Yeah I think Wayne is done volunteering to work on my rig for a while ;D The heat did suck today, but it was not awful considering. I will get some pics up soon

Very true I enjoy improving my jeep and I have the sickness :flipoff1: I really just need to decide on a timeframe for going to a buggy and base it off that

May sell these bumps
2007Modifications113-1.jpg

2007Modifications113.jpg

You can see how fatigued these Ballistic 3/16" mounts were after only a few rides. The beef is courtsey of TJKen and I don't think I will have to worry about them at all. Had to cut them down to get them to fit...
2007Modifications114.jpg

2007Modifications115.jpg

2007Modifications116.jpg

2007Modifications117.jpg

BamaTJ said:
May sell these bumps
2007Modifications113-1.jpg

How much, I hve been wanting some for the front of the buggy. I only have 2" up travel onto bump stops. Makes for a hard ride. If I can get them fast enough, I could get them done by the weekend ;D

Those 'other' brackets are tore up bad!

If you didn't do it...you may want to weld up the end of my brackets where you cut them off at. That will add a ton of strength.

Install Pics?

Latest posts