• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Few videos I got Sat. at Choccolocco

Boat Ramp = BFG No doubt... :****:

I've hit it with Irok's and with the SX's and still have NOT made that obstacle.... I shoulda had the ProCrap's on there maybe they woulda worked :dunno:

Great vids man, the BFG vs Interco one is funny. Hell Al walked it to and then Tim crawled it with Creepy's. Sticky tires make that trail look easy!

Great Videos, Matt was getting it on Hell's Revenge.

The whole sticky tires vs non sticky's is some funny ****..... Sorry bout it P but I would have been sliding backwards with you.

Great vids as always. :dblthumb: Was lookin for my next set of tires and I think these vids have made my mind up for me. :driving: Just need to save up or rob a bank to get me a set ! :****:

I hit it hard several times too, not harder then I felt comfortable with but I tried about everything outside of tearing up my junk ( saved that for Hells Revenge LOL )

The once "bump" at the bottom of it is now a big ass ditch so hitting it with speed is a bit more brutal than it used to be. Oh well, another day I suppose.

Howd the new SX's work other than that? What air pressure did they run at? Did your new front shaft let go again? :dunno:

CHASMAN9 said:
Howd the new SX's work other than that? What air pressure did they run at? Did your new front shaft let go again? :dunno:

We dropped Ps air pressure to 5. His weld broke on his front shaft (enter your own fabricator joke here), will be an easy fix, may have already done it.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
We dropped Ps air pressure to 5. His weld broke on his front shaft (enter your own fabricator joke here), will be an easy fix, may have already done it.

John I appreciate all your confidence in my abilities . Sorry Im not a driveshaft builder, nor have a machine shop to properly manufacture what I need... oh thats right, I should just go buy one ! ::)

P said:
John I appreciate all your confidence in my abilities . Sorry Im not a driveshaft builder, nor have a machine shop to properly manufacture what I need... oh thats right, I should just go buy one ! ::)

You could really tell how hard that shaft is, because the weld did not penetrate as much as your would have thought. Fixed it yet, cause I have some ideas?

JohnG is right. You might have to chamfer the shaft first to get the welds to hold. Take a grinder to the shaft and groove it then weld er up and let the stickies begin. thumb.gif loller.gif

John Galbreath Jr. said:
You could really tell how hard that shaft is, because the weld did not penetrate as much as your would have thought. Fixed it yet, cause I have some ideas?

Find out a way to sleeve it or use different material so you will not have to butt weld it on. You know several folks with machine shops that can help you get the thing right and stop breaking. As many issues as you have you had with various front dshafts setup, it is worth some extra time and maybe a little coin to do it right and forget about it.

I think a sleeve core drilled with 4 1/2" holes each end (two drilled all the way through) making sure you do not drill in the weld area and the two drill holes are offset so all 4 do not line up. Then grind the shaft for more weld area. Heat the shaft with a torch, weld it while hot. Wrap it to cool as slow as possible. Grind away weld so sleeve slides over weld. Mark holes in sleeve as to where it will weld on the shaft. Grind those areas on shaft to clean and flat spot then just a little. Slide sleeve back over and weld each end and all core drills. Wheel like a mo-fo.

Im going to sleeve it like I did the DOM version that twisted to **** , I always intended to but never got around to it because I was either riding or working on something else.

I will continue to do things trial and error, and homebuilt.. that is what I enjoy.