• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fill me in on the Real Housewives of Rockbouncing drama

redneckengineered

Trailer Park Panty Dropper
I see this **** alluded to all the time on social media, Hardline, and elsewhere but what the hell is the deal with the various race series being scheduled on the same weekends, and the pissing contests that always ensue? Seems to me if anything I'd be colluding behind closed doors with my "competitors" in order not to conflict with the other. More racers = more entry fees = more spectators = more gate fees = more money in my big block wallet. Hell you could even have an end of the season points shootout between the top 3 drivers in each series. But what do I know, I'm just a lowly trail rider. I'm not in the "loop" wit da cool kids :dunno:

:tc :tc :tc :tc :tc :tc :tc

I really think it is more by chance than anything else.

AOP posted their races on August 20th from 9:46am to 9:58AM.

SRRS sent me a PM on August 20th at 10:05 asking me to post their series for 2016-17.

It took me a little while to post all the races for 2016 and 2017 that SilverStarCustoms gave me.

So, unless something behind the scenes (not on Hardline) happened, it could be chance.

Thanks Andrew, I have wanted to ask the same question but didn't want to start a **** Storm. :fish:

rednecklights said:
I blame it on Ty Turner ....

Along with:

global warming
Isis
Flat tires
Rain
Obama
Baby Jesus crying
Dinosaur extinction
Gas prices
Flatulence
And Miley Cyrus

All Ty's fault ! He gets the blame for everything else so I figured I'd add to the list

:popcorn:

You forgot to add flat bills to that list...

I've seen the same thing up here with different events stepping on each others dicks with dates. A few years back, Rausch Creek started posting a thread on their forum for upcoming dates, including proposed dates for their competitions. This usually takes place in like October/Novebmer for the following season (starting in March/April). Other people chime in with **** like "Line mountain race is this date..." or "Big Dogs is this date..." or whatever. People move their dates to align with each other and it's understood that the info in the thread is tenetive until somebody calls it official. Nobody wants to promote an event when half your crowd went somewhere else. Sometimes weekends still get double booked, but you can't please everybody, so that's just how it is. There's only so many weekends in the season.

Maybe such a thread could be started on the new softer, gentler, more PC Hardline.... even keeping permissions limited to promoters until some tenetive **** is hashed out.
Just my two cents as a lowly yankee trail rider. #trailbuggiesmatter

Here is my take on the situation. SO WHAT! If SRRS is having a race in Arkansas and ARC is running in Kentucky and ACS is in Tennessee all on the same weekend , I have my choice of driving my ass off after work on a Friday night for 8-10 hours, or get up early on Saturday morning and spending 2-4 hours driving. ::) :popcorn: :popcorn: Hmmm, I'll take the short route. It's not a preference between SRRS, ARC or ACS or whatever, it is the availability of my time with or without my family and I am thankful the series promoters are busting there asses to have them. Thank you for reading this and remember, No trees were hurt in the making of this opinion. :Joc:

rednecklights said:
Is it the role of this forum to moderate the series ?

If the park owners would come together and start their own race series it'd put the money back into the parks.... And the schedules wouldn't conflict

No, but the idea behind the calendar was to help with this situation. Big events stacked on top has been the norm even before the racing started.

JohnG said:
No, but the idea behind the calendar was to help with this situation. Big events stacked on top has been the norm even before the racing started.

Yup, let em fall as they may and if you really are that caught up in the **** storm enough to whine or start drama about it, then maybe everybody will eventually learn to stop talking to you and just pay you no attention :****: :flipoff1:

Can't have nothin' nice anymore.... :JRich:

CHASMAN9 said:
Here is my take on the situation. SO WHAT! If SRRS is having a race in Arkansas and ARC is running in Kentucky and ACS is in Tennessee all on the same weekend , I have my choice of driving my ass off after work on a Friday night for 8-10 hours, or get up early on Saturday morning and spending 2-4 hours driving. ::) :popcorn: :popcorn: Hmmm, I'll take the short route. It's not a preference between SRRS, ARC or ACS or whatever, it is the availability of my time with or without my family and I am thankful the series promoters are busting there asses to have them. Thank you for reading this and remember, No trees were hurt in the making of this opinion. :Joc:

I totally agree. I wish it could work out better,but that is just life.

bbone said:
The people that think this is drama are the ones who always have drama in their life.

Speaking off drama, when are you going to break out that Barbque wagon again? :dunno:

You want to see drama, tell me you sold it and bought a Tofu machine> :ban: :ban: :ban: :flipoff1:

CHASMAN9 said:
Speaking off drama, when are you going to break out that Barbque wagon again? :dunno:

You want to see drama, tell me you sold it and bought a Tofu machine> :ban: :ban: :ban: :flipoff1:

bwahahahaaaa