• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Finally got me one!!

wrecker1

Well the time has come, I'm back in the Jeeper's Club! :D
Bought a 74 (or 76 I cant remember! :haha: ) CJ-5 (edit: its a '74)
Specs:
kinda hopped up 304 - Carter AFB Comp. 4bbl, Hedman headers, electronic ign. fuel regulator
3 speed and 2 speed TC
full roll cage
5 point seat belts
am/fm/cd with flipdown DVD in a custom center panel on roll cage
4" Rancho lift
35" super swampers (almost new) on 10" DOT legal beadlocks (also almost new) (edit: I don't think these are real beadlocks. Isn't there supposed to be 2 plates that the bolts bolt together?)
Hi-Lift jack, custom tool box with tools, and gas can carrier on rear
new 8000 LB winch on front (edit: its a Tabor 9000 lb and it is def. new!)
lottsa diamond plate all over
receipts for $900 more in parts and labor than I paid for it
hood scoop with cut-out opening (not great for water or mud :wtf: )
More I can't think of right now

Pics to came soon.....
Heep70 and Comet, I'm ready to go wheelin! :masturbanana[1]: :kiss:

Last edited:
I dunno if it has lockers or not yet. It has had the diffs opened up and new covers installed, so I'm hoping.....
More specs:
Carr hoop steps
OBA compressor mounted between the seats
4 off-road lights on custom light bar above windshield (need wired)
Fire Ext. mounted on roll bar
billet knobs on dash and some on engine
(apparently) aftermarket seats
Front shackle reversal
Extended shackles front and rear
CV joint rear driveshaft
custom front driveshaft
Bestop soft top with full and half doors
Bikini top
entire interior hurcu-lined

anyways here are some pics
74JeepCJ-5008.jpg

74JeepCJ-5004.jpg

custom mount stereo and TV/DVD
74JeepCJ-5005.jpg

Last edited:
Nice jeep:cheer: loose those steps before you go wheeling though or some nasty log or rock will take them off for you:booo: Are you very tall? that stereo looks like a headbanger:booo:

I'm not too tall, but my wife is 6'0". She can't hardly get in it, much less drive it...so its all mine! :haha: :cheer:
the radio doesn't bother me so far, but its a pain to try and tune it when the faceplate is almost behind my head! Good thing it has a remote!

We were talking about putting rock sliders on it. I almost have to have the steps to get in it (again, i'm not real tall :haha: ) so I'll have to work something out there.

and thanks for al the compliments! I'm stoked! I haven't had a real Jeep in many moons, so this will be fun! :beer:

yep it was a craigslist find, but there were no pics up. So I emailed for info and pics. He repleid saying he couldn't figure out how to attach pics anywhere. So I went to look at it blind.
Kinda glad I did. :D

anyone know what kind of reputation the Carter AFB Competition 4 BBL carb has? Looks like its pretty new. Is it good for Off-roading?

anyone know what kind of reputation the Carter AFB Competition 4 BBL carb has? Looks like its pretty new. Is it good for Off-roading?

The pressure regulator will help ya alot, But a carb on a off road rig is asking for trouble..sidehills and hill climbs will probably kick yer butt, Depending on how well the fuel system is set-up..Ive seen people adjust the pressure down so the float is a little empty so it wont choke itself out. Something to think about.

I took the Jeep out to the local beach and did a test of the 4wd system, and I'll be danged if all 4 tires were spinning! I emailed the PO and he confirmed it, Its locked front and rear! :cheer: :awesomework: Another thing I won't have to do.
(EDIT: I took it out with the wife, and it still spins one rear tire at times. So I think it has a LS diff, not locked. Oh well, it still works)

Oh, and it has 3:73 gears. Maybe I should consider changing those to go with the 35x12.5 swampers? :haha: It still pulls great off the line and runs about 70 no problem.
(EDIT: Definately going to need lower gears. It doesn't like to launch hard in Hi range, it stalls out too much. Not good for the mud drags I have planned for it.)

Last edited:
I wanna drive it :fawkdancesmiley:

Maybe it has lunch box lockers or clutched lockers.

Don't smash it up yet. Lets go wheel soon. My junk should be back out in a couple weeks.

Unfortunately, this is Easter push time at my second job. So no playing the new few weeks for me.
Where is straddleline anyways? I've heard of it, but I'm real new to the mud stuff (read: never done it in competition) so I have been planning to just try the local track for now. But that won't stop us from enjoying other areas and tracks as spectators!
Do they have a website? or any other areas/tracks that you know of have sites? I'd love to check them out!