• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Finally got me one!!

Got her in the garage last night and found a few things:
The tires have to be aired down almost flat to fit it in my garage. :D Unfortunately, I forgot about the hilift on the rear and hit the door frame with it! :mad:
I blew a brake hose, because they didn't replace them (or they are the wrong ones) when they installed the lift. The driver's side is almost rubbed thru on the knuckle bolt.
The antenna on the light bar isn't even attached to anything,
the winch has 3 bolts holding it on (grade 3 no less) and 2 are bolted to that flimsy sheetmetal bumper! Time to do some re-working!
It has a Skyjacker suspension (not Rancho like I thought) under it (way too soft-I'm looking for some RS9000 adj. shocks right now.)
The front axle is open, not locked like The PO told me. Didn't check the rear yet.
All 4 tires rub hard under any flex, so it will get tube fenders and cut in the rear for clearance (Who can whip some up for cheap for me? Crash? :kiss: ).
The rear carrier needs to be re-mounted. Its hanging off the body right now, so I will have to build a bumper that incorperates a swingout mount.
THe PO didn't leave the key for the locking lug nutz, so I broke a 1" craftman socket to remove them.
More to come......

Unfortunately, this is Easter push time at my second job. So no playing the new few weeks for me.
Where is straddleline anyways? I've heard of it, but I'm real new to the mud stuff (read: never done it in competition) so I have been planning to just try the local track for now. But that won't stop us from enjoying other areas and tracks as spectators!
Do they have a website? or any other areas/tracks that you know of have sites? I'd love to check them out!

Check out:

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6048

Straddleline is the former Thurston Co. ORV park, its located at the Thurston/Mason Co line on the way to Ocean Shores etc. (before you get to Elma)

Latest posts