• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FiTech or the new Holley Sniper set up... anyone running them ?

P

If its free, its P
Yes the stand alone TBI setups. Im going to swapping a 420ish hp 383 into the Willys this year and the cheap ass in me is leaning towards the FiTech but the new Holley Sniper EFI makes me moist ( just released at PRI ) anyone have experience with either first hand ?

I'm running a fitech unit now on a mildly built chevy 383 stroker. After some issues with ignition noise when first getting it going it has done very well ever since. The self learning/tuning of the fuel is great for me since I had no experience with injection tuning. I am also using it for ignition/timing control. I went with fitech because they are only about an hour from me and I figured if I really had problems I could right to them. Price is good and features are great. Hoping to put the buggy on a dyno and really tune it up... but hot or cold sitting or running silly angles or in the trailer it fires right up and runs like I want it to.

Just put the sniper system on mine. If you go that route just make sure you get a fuel pump that will go above 45 psi. The system requires 58.5 psi and I just figured any decent aftermarket pump would do but it want. Once I figured that out it's perfect. And extremely easy to install. Literally 4 wires and an o2 sensor and your done. Best bang for the buck in my opion plus you got Holley to back you up if you have issues.

I've got the 600hp fitech on a built ford 302. Works great! I am not using it to control timing,just fuel only. Ordered form affordable fuel injection because they have some newer updated versions. The earlier ones had bad computers (so they say). But my fitech has worked great so far . Also controls my electric fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put the GO EFI 400hp kit on my 300hp SBC and I am loving it so far. My only complaint is I am on my 3rd set of plugs. It needs to be driven on the street to really learn I think. Mine is on a crawler so it never really gets over 3500-4K rpms. FiTech said this is most likely my issue and it has since ironed it's self out. Runs like a top now. It took 4-5 trips and some putting around my neighborhood to get it dialed in.

Fitech 600hp system on a tweaked 347. Had some initial issues, but got those worked out and doing good so far.

Would like to get mine on a dyno with someone who is good at tuning to get my AFR dialed in. Fitech does good, but got a big cam and think it needs tuned to get the most out of it.

If going fitech, I suggest their fuel pump.

58psi.

My gauge with fitech pump reads 55psi at idle. They are advertised to be 65.

I had a wahlbro 255lph, part# __392, and engine would cut out after a few minutes of beating on it. Don't know if the fuel pump was the issue yet, but running out of fuel is my guess

Excellent info guys thanks for fuel psi's because Ive had trouble finding that info ( or seen different claims ) I agree the Hollley appeals to me just from a name sake, Id hate to do FiTech and go back and wish I spent the extra 200 for Holley.

Next question, the handheld displays, tell me what info the display and is it soley for set up or can you stick it on a dash and get good feedback ?

It can be mounted on the dash and gives instant data. Can't remember all, but AFR, injector%, RPM, engine temp to name a few that can be monitored at all times. Granted the screen is smaller than most cell phones, I have mine setup for the data above and I can see it fine while trail riding.

Bringing this back up .....is anyone running the fuel command center with their fitech?? If so any reviews??