• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fixed disregard thanks

DUNCAN74

Just read where John G had a RCV popping and sent it back for a charge of $145 to have fixed. Has any body else had this problem mine pop bad when turning (both front). I talked to them at the Off road Expo and they said could not really do anything till they break just wondering how long have yours lasted till it gave out. Thanks

Re: "RCV popping"

I think my issue is over rotating them. I will look more closely at my stops and I think I may be turning them more than the 45 degree limit. It is easy to feel a U-joint over clocked as I bumps back a little straight during the rotation, if that makes since. I don't feel that with the RCVs. Mine are on the rear, which when turned to lock puts tremendous stress on the joint. That, however, was not my point of failure, it was the shaft.

Mine have been clicking for about a year. However thought it was drive shaft. Replacing the drive shaft did not fit it! RCV is to return my old parts IF they are good enough for a trail spare. I did not remove the grease from them before I sent them to inspect.

Re: "RCV popping"

Thanks John mine have been popping for awhile also prob from the same thing going past 45. I will just wait till they give out then send them back.