• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

F'N truck caught on fire

Marty

I dont think I have ever been so pissed/upset in my life. I was under my truck bolting my engine crossmember back up after the oil pan and my buddy yelled at me and told me my truck was smoking. Well the ground from my distribution block was glowing hot :eek: Then the engine harness flamed up, so I ran quickly to disconnect the batt...Smoke alarms were going apeshit, the fireman came, it sucked. Found out my starter wire rubbbed the frame and shorted out some ****. Not sure what all is ****ed, I know I need a new harness, maybe computer, and one of my fuel lines got burnt and leaks alot. Good thing I mounted two extinguishers on it recetly. I am a little f'ed up so this post might be hard to read. At least I am ok thou, just alot of work put in for 2 seconds of fire to **** **** up. Rant off :mad:

man that sucks! my last jeep caught fire while i was driving it thanks to a leaky fuel injector....heres the end result

burning
oldjeepburning.jpg

after
DSC00776.jpg

:-\

Wow, thats bad, After that I consider myself lucky, but I am still mad about it. I really wont be working on it for a while.

yeah...i know the feeling...i was comin over a mt easter sunday last year and smoke started to pour out the hood and then it died so i pulled in the parking lot and grabbed the fire extinguisher and pulled the hood latch and....the latch came out in my had...couldnt open the hood...should of had hood pins on that one....just sat back and watched my jeep burn...took the damn fire dept 20min to get there....

THAT SUCKS! OMG! Glad you are ok though. **** like that happens all the time. Bwe lucky you had fire extinguishers. Hell it coulda taken the house with it.

Thanks. Jims performance does a good job with his harness. They wont flame up or anything. Just smoke a bit. I think I just need him to look at the harness and a new fuel line. I would take pics but it doesnt look bad.

That sucks dude. **** like that happens when you let Shirley help you workin stuff though. "FIREBALL CURSE"

Well I have most of the harness out. It is burnt in a couple places, put mostly just smells like burnt ass and fire extingusher ****. I do have a burnt hole about 3/8" big in the braided fuel supply line, but I think that it was rubbing the block before, so at least all this happened and I noticed that. Now I am going to run the braided lines for fuel partially on the out side of the frame, to get them away from the block/manifolds and exhaust so :dunno:

I was so exited about the motor having good oil psi and the new pan, plus tuesday I was gunna have my gears and front locker put in, but not with this setback. Oh well, hopefully Jim will help me out.

Man that sucks, Glad you got it put out before it burnt the whole truck. I am sure Jim will help ya.
Catching on Fire sucks, and as far as Neals comment, he better watch out or his **** will be blazing :flipoff1: