• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FOA coilovers

jasper

this has probally been covered before but here it is. does anybody have any good or bad experiences with FOA coilovers. I've got the typical southern ohio jeep with small block and 1 tons with 42's. just wanting a better ride on the trail. any info appreciated

I order 4 shocks and 4 airbumps. After more than an month of "They should ship next week", "One of our machines went down" emails and having a very hard time getting someone on the phone. I canceled my order.

I decided to go with FOX instead. Yeah I will pay a little more now, but later when I need a shims or rebuild kits at least I can get some. Hell FOA can't even deliver commom sized shocks.

Just giving you a heads up.

I am running them and have good customer service from them. Had a problem with one of my first shocks and it was replace no questions asked and sent a replacement next day. 4 other guys in our group are running them and have no problems. If you order around KOH time it will take longer. I would recomend them.

Compared to other shocks the quality is lacking, but if you are looking at bang for the buck not a bad choice. Meant the FOA guys at KOH and they were really nice. My opinon is that with some more improvements and some quality assurance they will be a really good shock.

I haven't run my FOA's yet but there were no issues getting them. I have 4 bumps from them, too. Two of them had defects from the factory and they sent me two new ones ASAP and let me keep the defect ones which were still perfectly functional. Every time I've ever contacted motochris on Pirate he PM's me back within minutes or hours. I haven't been in a situation where I needed feedback immediately yet, and having a phone contact available would be nice for that as oppossed to a phon number with an answering machine that never gets returned. Most of the time though I don't have time to talk on the phone and I prefer just a direct, no BS correspondence via email or PM anyway. None of that, "How you doin, how's the weather," bullshit.

When I bought my shocks I wouldn't have been able to afford any other brand. I would still be rocking air shocks if it weren't for FOA. Now I probably could afford another brand but I'm still not sure that I would want to dump that much into them anyway. I'm happy with the value of my purchase for now.

J. J.