• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Foam IN, or Foam OUT ?

XtrmTJ

New fuel cell,
1. Leave foam in ?
2. Take foam out ?
Pro and Cons , Please

How dose one take foam out of a new fuel cell ?

TIA , ... :awesomework:

Cool, and here I was trying to come up with a way for my pickup to be able to move around under the foam. No foam it is....just like my latte's. :cool:

I wish i could dig up the pick of my pre-filter completely clogged. The foam exploded out when i took it off.

I wish i could dig up the pick of my pre-filter completely clogged. The foam exploded out when i took it off.

Its here somwhere, it was the arguement stopper between me and my room mate. When I was putting my fuel cell together he said put foam in it. I said I thought it was bad but had no experience myself. Arguement ensued!

I then searched it on here and came accross bunks picture of his filter PACKED!!! with tiny bits of foam crumbs!:mad:

Just find and look at it and you will be sold too! NO FOAM:beer:

Its here somwhere, it was the arguement stopper between me and my room mate. When I was putting my fuel cell together he said put foam in it. I said I thought it was bad but had no experience myself. Arguement ensued!

I then searched it on here and came accross bunks picture of his filter PACKED!!! with tiny bits of foam crumbs!:mad:

Just find and look at it and you will be sold too! NO FOAM:beer:

Heres the best thing about having foam fawk yer fuel system up:

I know, by the laws of averages(and murphys as well) that there is some foam in my injectors. SOOOOO, i now must get bigger injectors and revamp my system to work with them....Bummer

Filter pic near the end of this thread

http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11655&highlight=foam

Last edited:
This is a GREAT place, ask a serious question and get the right answer ! Outstanding ! Thank you all ! :hi: NO foam for me... :cheer:

Mine still has the foam in it from hell knows how long ago...rarely found any in the prefilter.

As for leaving in or taking out...whatever works.

I just went through this today...I've had foam in my cell for years and years with no issues.. I just put new heads on my rig recently and had to start using lead substitute in my fuel and like the very first tank with the substitute and the foam started to deteriorate.....No proof but I think different additives in fuel may add to this problem....

I have always used the foam blocks in fuel cells to prevent sloshing and arreation(sp). The trick is to follow the instructions and change it out every couple of years before it starts rotting :awesomework: