• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

for all the Toyota poser flex Threads......

I have jeep **** under my yota...and I've seen yota **** under a jeep. It's all personal preference in what kind of wheeling you do and what wheelbase you want. Anything can be built up from stock. All though I have always believed that while underpowered, Toyota has a more reliable engine that will typically run for a ton of miles when well maintained :fawkdancesmiley:

Ya in the bed of a dump truck headed to the wrecking yard:fawkdancesmiley:

Funny thing is, that's where my 4.0L out of my XJ went at 240k miles... but only because I parted the rig out and couldn't GIVE the motor away... it still ran fine... I guess nobody needs good running 4.0's to drop in their rigs, because they already have one. :D

Oh yeah, what about all those 3.0's with burnt valves and blown head gaskets, eh Alpine? :flipoff: :stirpot:

Funny thing is, that's where my 4.0L out of my XJ went at 240k miles... but only because I parted the rig out and couldn't GIVE the motor away... it still ran fine... I guess nobody needs good running 4.0's to drop in their rigs, because they already have one. :D

Oh yeah, what about all those 3.0's with burnt valves and blown head gaskets, eh Alpine? :flipoff: :stirpot:

that and dont forget the greatest 4cyl in the world the 22r and 22re greatest for blowing head gaskets and eating through timing covers. Gotta gets me one a thems. all these toy guys I talk to are bragging up the 22r series but they have all been looking for one with lower miles to replace or have already replaced theres. I put a used 350 in my jeep 4 years ago and it runs as good as the day I installed it. I have no doubt it will run good for many more years to come.

You guys are funny.....I have to say I had a Jeep YJ and went over to the Dark side and bought a Yota. Not for any particular reason I just wanted something different. My jeep was mildly built but it was capable: f/r ARB's, 4:56's, D44 rear, SYE, SOA, 35's, front tube fenders, and a bunch of other crap. The only thing I ever busted was a rear drive line U joint. Again it was very capable but it was lacking in wheel base and room. I wanted to plan on some family wheeling trips but there is just not enough room in the jeep. Also, there were some obstacles that my wheel base did not allow me to get over no matter what I tried.....but I seen yotas going over them with no problem.

I took my 86 4runner out for the first time a couple of weeks ago and i was quite impressed with its ability. Again this one is mildly built: sas'd, hy-steer, dual cases, 36's, 57 inch ford rears, rear yota hybrids up front, welded rear, aussie front, stock 4:10's, front axle moved up 3 inchs, 103 inch wheel base (could have measured wrong too)

They both do good offroad but my jeep handled better in the snow and Ice, I could go damn near any where. I will not drive the yota on icey roads that is f***ing scary. All in all I think I like to the yota better more room, longer wheel base.....oh yeah they were both 4bangers

Last edited:
daam the best thing u can do for a jeep or toyota is swap out the stock parts for better parts. I have had jeeps and toys and have realy enjoyed wheeling both, but they both wheel better when you upgrade them with other brand (ford/chevy/dodge/aftermarket) parts :fawkdancesmiley: :corn: :corn: .

Haha im just throwing shawt. I know the 4.0l is one of the best engines ever made...i wouldnt hesitate to have one at all if i owned a jeep. Hey ive only gone through one head gasket and no burnt vlaves...261k:fawkdancesmiley:

My brother has had his 22RE well pasted 5,000 RPM's for like 15 minutes straight once. It was a pretty gnarly hill in ALOT of snow, it was just him and his girlfriend!!!! I love the sound of a dying 4 cyl. being revved!!!!!
Cory,

lets see... my "heep" has 120:1 crawl ratio and still able to fly down the freeway at 70 with no troubles.... not too bad from an old 79 cj

my toyota has a 510 to 1 crawl ratio and still able to drive down the freeway at 80mph everyday for the last 250,000 miles. :looser:

my toyota has a 510 to 1 crawl ratio and still able to drive down the freeway at 80mph everyday for the last 250,000 miles. :looser:

It's not so much a crawl ratio as a clinically dead but the family won't pull the plug just yet ratio...

:D:D:D