• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

For Rent Tow Rig and 18' Trailer

TooRisky

Rent one or both, daily, weekly and monthly rates availble...

1988 Suburban, 350, th400, 3/4ton, 4x4, lifted, fully ready to tow with kenoshia brake controler. Comes with a lot of extras like vivair, CB, am/fm/cd player, extra oil, fluids, matching spare tire, privacy window coverings, cooking stoves, propane for stove, comfy matteress for 2.

Trailer is a 2007 18' flatbed with drive on hidden ramps, dual axle with electric brakes.

You will sign contract taking full responsability and fully insuring both vehicles.

Rent is $50.00 daily, $250.00 weekly, $750.00 monthly for both

This is not only a great looking Suburban, but is a fantastic condo to sleep in. You will save alot of money alone in not staying in a motel on your travels, not to mention time and gas savings not to have to travel to and from the trails. I throw in a cook stove with propane to save money and time from having to go to a resteraunt, spending alot of money on a overrated burger when you can cook on the trail, relaxed, and having a cold beer with out worring about the drive back and cops.

This is a link to the suburban pics, I am trying to get pics of both and will be up soon. You will not be ashamed of driving this truck, as a matter of fact you will be probably be ask from people to look at it...

http://www.pacific-crawlers.com/showthread.php?p=12854#post12854

PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Having been involved in a serious accident in a borrowed rig, the liability that you are exposing yourself to is substantial. Likely far more than you have given thought to.

Will most insurance companies even offer a policy to someone for a vehicle that is not registered in their name?

your insurance company will insure you on a car that is not yours. my girlfriend is insured on all my cars and they are not in her name. and i am insured on a friends vehicle as well. make sure that you make them put full coverage on it.

Having been involved in a serious accident in a borrowed rig, the liability that you are exposing yourself to is substantial. Likely far more than you have given thought to.

Will most insurance companies even offer a policy to someone for a vehicle that is not registered in their name?

He will have NO insurance on it, as the policy will surely have a clause that forbids 'for hire' use. This is a classic 'for hire' situation.

Having the renter provide their own insurance will NOT indemnify the owner of the vehicle either. Any fatal, or near fatal accident will go back upon the owner (who's responsible for the upkeep, maintainance, road-worthiness) of the rig.

Additionally, how are you going to handle fuel? Provide them with a full tank of fuel, and have it returned the same? That'll work only until the first person who say's FU. And what if it breaks? Say the tranny goes out? What then? Who pays the tow bill? Who pays for the shop? And what if the renter drives like an idiot? 5000 RPM is hard on a small block chevy for extended use. There are lots of reasons I'd NOT loan or rent my rig to anybody.

That said, I'd let my good friends use my PSD if I trusted them.

Tony

He will have NO insurance on it, as the policy will surely have a clause that forbids 'for hire' use. This is a classic 'for hire' situation.

Having the renter provide their own insurance will NOT indemnify the owner of the vehicle either. Any fatal, or near fatal accident will go back upon the owner (who's responsible for the upkeep, maintainance, road-worthiness) of the rig.

Additionally, how are you going to handle fuel? Provide them with a full tank of fuel, and have it returned the same? That'll work only until the first person who say's FU. And what if it breaks? Say the tranny goes out? What then? Who pays the tow bill? Who pays for the shop? And what if the renter drives like an idiot? 5000 RPM is hard on a small block chevy for extended use. There are lots of reasons I'd NOT loan or rent my rig to anybody.

That said, I'd let my good friends use my PSD if I trusted them.

Tony

X a million!

The whole idea sounds "too risky" to me! :flipoff:

Thanks for all that seem I have not looked into this fully, you consideration is duely noted. This would be a contract deal between me and the renter, the renter has every opperatunity to say no to any contract, the renter can pre-run my vehicle and see it is in excellent working condition. With consideration for the vehicles, and under contract the renter would in all good faith take care of said vehicles or pay the penilty of fixing any damage they incure. These are tough times and we all have to find ways to get by, me I have this combo sitting, where it can be making money for me...It is no more than saving alot of money for someone who would like to travel with there rig to where ever with out having to buy a tow rig and trailer...Summer is upon us, and this is a allternate way to enjoy in distant trails with your rig.

Again PM me for information