• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Forced air helmets

1tonyj said:
Looking for some pros and cons when it comes to top vs side mount. Thxs thumb.gif

I hated top. changed to side. It pushed and pulled on my neck very slightly unless the hose was perfect. Distracting and annoying. But nothing stays where it should when your in the paint shaker.

I've had both and prefer side flow. I think it's just because the weight is lower on a side mount. My old Simpson is also night and day better then my newer Bell and the G Force I used one time.

Thx fellas.....good tip on the top mount about pulling at your head....I'll probably do a side mount just for that. thumb.gif

My favorite one is the Impact carbon fiber Air Draft OS20. The air inlet comes in at an angle kind of half way between the top air and side air helmet placement. I currently have the Impact SC Vapor and like it but will buy the OS20 next time. The vapor has less visibility at the bottom of the opening compared to the OS20. Also, mine is top air which I don't prefer. On another note, your neck will be less fatigued going from a composite to a carbon fiber. Hope this helps.

Thx for info fellas. I was originally thinking the Simpson Carbon Desert Devil....but it looks like the os20 has a lot better field of view.

certainly go carbon if you can swing it. think about every oz of weight multiplied by the forces of an impact. the numbers are astounding when you calculate force.