• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford dana 60 to jeep stock t-case

Kaleb22

I was wondering if the ford dana 60 would just bolt straight up to a stock 93 yj t-case? I am new to the crawler world and still trying to figure out which would be the best way to start my rig so that I don't spend useless money on parts that I'll have to change later down the road! I am starting with a lifted yj with stock 4.0 motor and stock trans and case! I plan to change the motor trans and case in the future but I have access to a dana 60 from a 02 f250 and also an 04 f350 one being 1ton and the other 3/4 ton! I know that my current front end chunk is on the driver side and the fords are also! Basically what I need to know is if I purchase the for 60 which year model would be best or is their any difference in the 2? And also what would be the best option for a motor, trans and case in the future? Since I'll be running a ford 60 in the front

Go with the 04 dana 60. The 02 could be a dana 50.
Build a front drive shaft using 1350 u joints, they will match the dana 60 yoke. Then use a 1350 to 1310 conversion ujoint at the tcase.
Upgrade your eng. trans and t case and reuse the new front drive shaft.
My suggestion for engine would be an GM LS, 4L80 transmission to a Ford NP205 or Atlas t case.
Add a Sterling 10.5" rear axle with factory e-locker.

The 02 front will be d60 if from a dually; could be d60 or d50 if from a srw. If it's a D60 it should have a 60 cast into the housing; it will also have "248" cast into the housing if a d60.
The 04 front should be a d60 either way.
Which is from the dually? The SRW would be easier to use probably if it is a 60.

The 02 is from a dually! And I did make sure they were both d60 when I was getting all the info on them! I appreciate the info I just want to build it correctly from the start and all this helps!